1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sam & Max Season Two Begins!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Season Two Episode One (Ice Station Santa) has just come out for Sam & Max. Just played a tiny bit of it and it seems Santa sent a killer giant robot to kill Sam & Max! :)

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Looks like my favourite US president and his special advisor are back in business. Woo-hoo!

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Done! Not sure, but it seemed a little shorter than the episodes from last season... Still fun though! :)

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Finished it. Ok, is it just me, or is the entire christmas past thing a bit... weird? Like getting the glove in the present? What the hell. I must bow my head in shame and admit I used the hints for that one.

That, and I should learn to really check everything I can.

5. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yeah, that one was weird. You had to get something from the past to bring to the present to get something to take to the past. The stocking for the coal had me for a while too.

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I don't know, for me realizing that you need the to take the glove from the present to the past was the easy thing. How you get it off - that blew my mind. As for the sock, I had no idea what to do with it at first, but when you see something called a stocking X and you have a stocking... Only afterwards I remembered the Christmas custom.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    My problem was where to get the stocking; once I had sent a present to Bosco, I forgot about the present machine.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've still not played the game. I need to grab a demo and give it a shot. I used to love the Sam & Max comics and the LucasArts game.

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Start with season 1, though. Some of the jokes make little sense otherwise... Sybil's date, for example.

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Just downloaded and completed Season Two Episode Two: Moai Better Blues. I found it easier than the first episode this season, but good fun :)

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ahhhh! Season Two Episode Three: Night of the Raving Dead complete! More hilarity, and I found the difficulty to be between the first and second episodes this season.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Season Two Episode Four: Chariots of the Dogs complete! More time travelling goodness! Pretty funny to see a Bosco whose father was Superball. :)

13. lwelyk Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That was hilarious.

"Fix the time stream already, Fool"

The Bad Dudes reference was perfect though:

"Yeah, but are you a bad enough president to save the dude?"

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    And the final episode of Season Two: What's New Beelzebub is complete!

I found this one to be the most difficult of the season; there were several places where I knew in general what I needed to do, but couldn't quite figure out the detail for a while.

It's great how many things from all the previous episodes were tied in. I may have to play them over again to make sure I didn't miss any.

Once again lots of good fun :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.