1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Dumbest thing you've ever done in BG1-2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jovialjuggler, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Whats the stupidest thing you've ever done in bg1? Like, Attack Firkgragg with normal bastard swords or something else? :)
    Mine was..
    Well, you know in BG1 in ulcaster there is this halfling who wants to sell you a "Gem of true seeing" for 1000? Yeah, well I bought that useless Topaz and when I couldnt find the ulcaster dungeon hole I kept trying to put it in my quick slots..even though it wasn't highlighted.. *sigh* Im not sure what fumes I inhaled that night..

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Accidentically using the fake talk bug on firkragg. I was so annoyed he didn't fight back that I had to reload. *Grumbles*

oh, and there was one time I used Shadow Keeper and it trashed my game, had to delete everything and reinstall then start over. Boy was I grumpy...

3. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Uhm... I installed tob and then as soon as I started it my whole comp restarted. I had been messing up my install dir so I thought that was the problem. So to try and fix it I reinstalled my entire windows98, only to find out it did the exact same thing on a clean windows session. It was a bug which could be fixed with a patch. Although this is prolly not one of the catagory stupid things you meant

4. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Paying the 500gp for the Stone to Flesh Scroll to release Branwen instead of buying it at the temple for 250gp. DOH :(

5. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Clicking on Minsc's "berserker" option, when there was only one badly injured monster left in the room. (I think in the Guarded Temple in Temple dist - tough fight!) Everyone was wounded, some of us pretty badly - and I thought we needed the help. (Bad call, you'll see).

Anyways, as Minsc goes bonkers, my assassin plugs a Bolt of Lightning into the last baddies' left eye socket. Minsc, having no more targets for butt-kicking, goes ahead and swings at the nearest living thing - which happened to be Aerie.
    He cleaves her into 2 even halves - critical hit - doing around a zillion damage with Lilarcor.

(I wish I had realized that last bad guy was so close to dead. I admit, I reloaded and had to fight the whole stinkin' crew over again!)

6. Demonater351 Guest

Doing the paladin stronghold quest where you hafta guard the girl, I worked myself into a lather trying to find the safehouse in the Bridge District (at least that's what I thought he said) Spent an hour doing this, then finally went back to ask where it was again. I looked closely at the dialog this time, and it clearly said DOCKS district! Oops!

7. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Trusted Yoshimo.

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nothing new that's exceptionally stupid from me since the last time this topic was up... ;)
    This might still be worth mentioning though:
    On my first time in Spellhold I found a big trap (guess which one ;)). Not expecting her to fail (she had the ring of danger sense), I told Immy to disarm it, and then to move forward... *SQUISH!* The corridor painted red with Immy's blood...

Reload...

9. Ursaj Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Going to Spellhold for the very first time, I didn't know that Yoshimo would cause a little plot twist so I left him at the Copper Coronet. When I got Imoen, I had to dump Jan there and I even thought I could just come back and get him again later!

10. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] The other day I ran out of identify spells and wanted to use Namarra's Silence ability, so paid a quick visit to the Shadow Thieves' HQ. I forgot to change the menu from he buy/sell one to the identify one and as a result accidentally sold the handy blade to a grinning shadow thief for 1 gp, who promptly put it on sale for 10500 gp. Cue a long cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" followed by much swearing when I realised I hadnt saved the game for ages and couldnt be doing with going all the way back to my last save. Oh well; at least its not much compared to the stupid things I mentioned in previous incarnations of this post.

11. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Dumbest thing? Turning my computer on "just to play for an hour or so".
    Yeah right...:D

12. Culurien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Has anyone had this happen?

One of my NPCs (Yoshimo, I think) got hacked in a tough battle I didn't want to repeat, so I went to a temple to get him back and was feeling cheap so I went for resurrection rather than raise dead... He comes back with 1 hp and suddenly in bursts that guy who throws a coin at you (doing exactly 1 damage), and throws it at Yosh. who promptly dies again. Since I have a policy of never reloading unless something gets screwed up permanently, I had to shell out for another spell. The worst thing was the priest just saying something like, 'Oh yes, that's just some harmless crazy guy, ha ha.'

My apologies if this is standard every time you resurrect someone for the first time. (Is it?) Anyway, it never occurred to me that I should save before resurrecting.

13. FoolioBuddumz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

stopped playing bg2 for a year >_<

14. zaknafein Guest

the crushing trap in spellhold. after trying to disarm it i just send imoen through them both resurecting her when she died. then it occured to me. monster summoning.
    having edwin kamikazeing with a cloudkill and killing a recently resurected korgan was pretty dumb to

15. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] I'm positive that I've done things even dumber than this, but its the only one I can remember right now:

Edwin had transformed into Edwina, and at the copper coronet talked to this horny elf, who put the moves on him/her. Edwina goes nuts and hits him with a magic missle, making him go red, as well as everyone else in the tavern within site (except for that fat bartended, forget his name). So I pause the game and turn off the party AI before they go nuts and slaughter everyone in the place, and I'm now worried that I'll forget and wander in there later, with the AI on and kill everybody inside.

So Demons kill everything in sight right? and you don't lose reputation for that. I cast protection from evil, and {sigh} summon a pit fiend, while its gating in, I realize I need the bartender to survive, so I cast protection from evil on him too (I think I'm pretty smart at this point).

The Demon gates in and immediately launches a fireball killing most of the bar patrons and the bartender.

16. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wanted to go through BG with a ranger, than bring him throuig BG2 and ToB as an archer.

I realized He was a Fallen ranger Only once I was in BG2. Go back into my BG1 saved game to see from when He became "Fallen ranger" and did not found....

So I play him through BG1 without beeing able to do an archer in BG2 with him....

17. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Fill my characters bags full of gems! stupid Gem bags! :D

18. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Here's a good one.
    I cast febleemind on the black dragon.
    He was standing there hopeless.
    I wanted to see if I could charm him.
    I wanted him to a have full life pet dragon,
    so I cast heal on the dragon.
    After that he attacked me :(
    No pet dragon for me.
    Next time I'll try to charm him 1st

[This message has been edited by StressedE (edited November 15, 2001).]

19. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well at the fight with Baron Ployer, he calls up the 3 mages to help him, well I figure no match for me, when the game autopauses with enemy sightings, I'm being clever, casting a silence spell, what I forget is, then mages aint there yet, just coming thru dimension doors, and well it backfired and rendered ½ my party useless, and boy did I get a whooping..DOH

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I whacked the Ilthilids in their lair BEFORE I got that door open... Had to do the whole lair again...

Ara
    (Just got out of the Oulu version of Spellhold for youths... overjoyed)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.