1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuff That Annoys You

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I could see how asking someone a question and getting a response of JFGI would annoy you...

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So I Googled JFGI for fun, and the first link has this in the description:
    "Google Is Your Friend. All Smart People Use Google. It Appears That You Are Not One Of Them: :lol: :shake:

Anyway, right now, my contacts are annoying the hell out of me...however, I'm too lazy to take them out...I like being able to see, and I don't remember where I left my glasses. :xx: :rolling:

Loreseeker likes this.
  3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :shake: Now there is an inventive thought... Creative thinking, I'll give you that.

As for annoying stuff - some of my textbooks and/or my frightning lack of will to be bothered with them.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    1. Notre Dame and its fans (I am NOT talking about the cathedral in Paris, here!)
    2. The Dallas Cowboys and their fans
    3. People who can't be bothered to speak or write properly - colloquialisms are one thing, but plain poor grammar? /me shudders
    4. Entitlement culture, from the CEOs with their golden parachutes right down to the welfare queens
    5. Groups of young people who take up the entire sidewalk and refuse to make space for anyone else
    6. People who interrupt others in conversation, and won't let themselves be interrupted in turn
    7. Slobs who expect someone else to clean up their messes
    8. Rude drivers in general (too many specific instances to list)
    9. Not being able to sleep

Montresor likes this.
  5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Stupid Doctors!:bang:
    Heartburn!:flaming:
    Getting a foot of snow on Oct 29th! :mad:
    Windows Vista (allow);)!
    Being interrupted!:o

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    soup that repeats on you all day

people who think that being deaf means being stupid

people who face away from me and then speak even though they KNOW i can't hear them (MOTHER!)

people who have no children who seem to believe that they are experts on bringing up a child

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    People who talk real loud on their cell phones in a bus, or even worse, play music real loud on their cell phones in a bus, annoying everyone around.
    Earphones were invented for a reason.

People who go to the internet centre on my faculty and spend hours stuck to Facebook, while people with legitimate business wait outside, since there's no room. Or people who come and watch youtube clips for hours, blocking the computers, and laugh like maniacs all the time.

On Saturday afternoons, leaving home, almost everything annoys me.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Seriously, what is it with these people? I've never understood the obsession with advertising to the world that your mobile phone can play music and has terrible quality speakers. Oh yeah, and that you have no taste in music.

People do it all the time on buses here. And not just kids, mind you - I frequently see people in their late 20's or early 30's doing this. And they're not usually drunk either.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Then you have the idiots who play it on their headphones REALLY loud and just walk around with the 'phones around their neck... Broadcasting still.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Then you have people who have headphones on their ears, but when it's so loud that you can STILL hear it on the bus.

Seriously, I'm surprised these people still have ears.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

People that talk so lout you can still hear them when you have your walkman at full blast and your headphones on properly!

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have had nothing to do for days but today i have a list of people to meet, places to go and things to do. It wouldn't be so bad if things got spread out but they always seem to happen at once!

13. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Living in a welfare state and the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy that slows the system down to a crawl, combined with incompetent civil servants in nearly every government agency.

People with IQ lower than 120 who try to engage me in intellectual debates, discussions, or who ask me silly questions then think that I am stupid because I refuse to waste my time answering them. For example...a friend asked me "How do evolutionists explain sand?" while we were at the beach, to which I replied "It is not our area of expertise, ask a geologist", and his reply was "So you cannot explain it then huh?!".

14. Silvery

Media:
    My God, why are you friends with that person?? Anyway, every one knows that sand is made by pixies!

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hmmm...I do not think I've posted this yet, but snobs.

I find all sorts of snobbery and snooty people highly aggravating. It is so unbecoming for a respectable gentleman, so much so that the genteelness of a person is extremely questionable even though the person would be otherwise of excellent breeding.

16. Silvery

Media:
    Excuse me, I'm a snob!

I find people who don't like us snobs annoying!

17. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Im friends with a lot of people, most of whom get a glazed over look in their eyes when I explain, in simple lay terms, what it is that Im studying at university. Youd be surprised by the amount of people I know who think 'evolution' and 'atheism' mean exactly the same thing, by the amount of people (usually the same ones) who confuse theory with hypothesis, by the amount of people (again...) who confuse fitness with fitness, and by the amount of people (...yet again...) who assume that no one has ever observed one species 'magically' becoming another, ie a dog being born with insect compound eyes and bat wings, therefore evolution is just a theory. :rolleyes:

I recently had an argument with a friend over whether or not the grendel in Beowulf was a dinosaur or not, and my friend couldnt accept that Indo-European bards used poetic license in their stories, and he stubbornly clings to his illogical reasoning that if it isnt literally true, its a lie, and they wouldnt lie to people who were potential eye-witnesses to the events in the stories. Frustration upon frustration...

My biggest annoyance is ignorance, especially ignorant ignorance and 'perpetual-self-imposed-because-it-hurts-too-much-to-think' ignorance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    *puts on a monocle*

Ah...hem, or should I profusely proclaim: Harrumph!

Well allright, I admit it, I am a snob as well! Albeit a poor one and thus somewhat limited in perfecting my appearance as a dandy and a snob, since my current financial affairs could be in a much better condition had I have chosen to do something else than work for the people and for common good...Oh, the burden of a virtuous profession!

So I have no recourse but to accept most humbly the annoyance I feel towards myself. But speaking as a man of good breed, snobs really should launch a joined effort every now and then, just to ensure good breeding... :tobattle: :p :rolling:

19. Silvery

Media:
    I'm annoyed that my fella thinks that I do nothing all day while he's at work. Apparently, between running my business, sorting out tenants for our other house, looking after our son and doing proof reading for a friends website, I should have time to do the housework, wash, iron, cook his tea and be perfectly accepting of whatever he wants!!

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

His behaviour sounds perfectly reasonable to me, Silvery! ;)

JUST KIDDING! I don't need the Women Warriors paying a call to my house.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.