1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Boring MotB

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Munchkin Blender, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I started a new character to see why everyone liked it so much; I barely made it out of the first area and quickly grew bored of the game. First off, way too much fighthing and now enough interacting with NPCs, etc... I may hold off on playing MotB until I complete the OC.

2. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Character wise, I found MotB a big step forward.
    The original is pretty dull in that department.
    The only NPC in the original that has character is Sand, in my opinion.

But that's only the NPC department.
    In other aspects they play similar.
    The spirit meter thing in MotB is more a drawback for me, though, as it is more a game experience killer, in that you feel forced to rush the game due to the mechanism how the spirit meter depletes over time.

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

imho Motb grows on you when you get the other companions (which you get fairly early) and the spirit meter is no problem once you understand it, a good idea is to read a couple of guides, but basically you can fairly easy get to point where you can ignore it.
    I never felt I had to rush through MotB and the characters in it are way better than in the OC.
    in OC I only found 3 characters I really liked, Sand, Ammon Jerro and Shandra...I liked Zhjaeve, but she wasn't that interresting.

the rest of the characters in the OC was lousy stereotypes, the only redeemer for Khelgar was the whole reference to Norse mythology, where Khelgar basically is Thor.
    but really, a rowdy dwarf fighter, unique ;)

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Even though Khelgar was not unique his rowdy made the game fun as did the tiefling interactions when another female was in the group.

As for Ammon Jerro I didn't like his back story or character development.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't like MotB on roleplaying levels. It was slightly boring, not that I'd notice so much when I played. Generally, recent RPGs have a tendency to be boring. Must be the cost-cutting. Characters were well done, the spirit eater concept was handle well, but an LG character was forced to trade souls with devils in the course of the main quest. For this reason, I discontinued playing the game and decided not to finish it.

6. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I couldn`t stand the camera thingy in MotB. I tried fixing it so that it got back to what it was in the original game, but didn`t really succeed in it.

7. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you are playing the OC, Domi/Ashara and berelinde have just released the Romantic Pack for NWN2-MotB, which will at least spice up the talking/flirting/dialog. Check either The Vault or G3 for new info.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *spoiler*

But chev, the souls that go into making the fused soul are pretty much marked for damnation anyway. Wouldn't that inspire a certain self-righteous zeal and "they made their own bed" rationale in a paladin? :p All the more so since ending the Spirit Eater quest beckons.

Yes, its dealing with the Baatezu. But then again, even Casavir didn't mind the PC bartering with Mephasm for the sake of rescuing Shandra.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I didn't even get to the spirit eating part of the game; I got bored as soon as I entered the first town; I felt as if the game left many questions. In the OC the game progresses slower and how you meet new NPC seems more logical than the start of MotB. I will play MotB once I finish the OC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.