1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1NPCSoA - Xan turning Red - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blades of Vanatar, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Need Help!!

I have the BG1NPCSoA mod going. I have Xan in my party. When trying to finish the Unseeing Eye Quest, I killed the beholder, returned the Rift Device and when I approach Gaal, he starts to bellow to his faithful to not run and Xan interjects twice with "We are all doomed! Run while you still can!" and instantly turns red. I cannot dispel this malady. Killing and raising him does not fix it either. I found Xan's dialogue file in BG1SOA/7XXAN, I opened the mod files with Notepad and found the below concerning Gaal. Is there something I change to return Xan to a Blue status instead of red? He is my mage and one of the reasons for this run through(also trying out Alora, Yeslick and will p/u Ajantis in the Windspear Hills). Fyi...When Xan said the 1st statement below, nothing changed in his status. I am no modder, that's for sure, but I don't see anything that would change his staus inthe below. Another thing to note is that Gaal doesn't seem to turn Red after his dialogue though all of his guards do.:confused:

Could this be as easy as changing a Global status in SK? Currently the Global Variables for XanGaalQuest-11, XanGaalEnemy23, GallJob are all listed as "1" in SK. The Global Variable for UnseeingEye is listed as "2".

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS GAAL 11 XanGaalQuest-11
    == 7XXANJ IF ~!StateCheck("7XXAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)!Dead("7XXAN") InParty("7XXAN")~ THEN
    ~I say that we run like the wind, out of these forsaken sewers and back to the surface streets.~ [xan5]
    END

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS GAAL 23 XanGaalEnemy23
    == 7XXANJ IF ~!StateCheck("7XXAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)InParty("7XXAN")~ THEN
    ~We're all doomed! Run while you still can!~ [xan1]
    END

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

If nothing else get mentioned you could ctrlQ him after he goes red. That should put him in your party. Not sure if that could cause a problem later tough...

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This morning, after trying numerous fixes, I found that even though he was Red, I was still able to choose to remove him from the party. Then, as normal, he approached my PC and I told him to stay. He turned blue again and I was able to continue. I immediately went to the Temple of Helm to close out the quest, because I thought the quest would now be broken and I was able to do so. He seems to be working fine now. I tried everything but removing him from the party yesterday, which I wish I would of thought of that first...:o

4. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorry Blades. The problem here was a missing passback. Without the passback, all of Gaal's actions were transported to Xan as well. I saw your post at the Spellhold Studios and will be fixed. I think CMorgan did this at the Gibberling by adding another line to Gaal,,

Code:
    INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS GAAL 23 XanGaalEnemy23
    == 7XXANJ IF ~!StateCheck("7XXAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)InParty("7XXAN")~ THEN
    ~We're all doomed! Run while you still can!~ [xan1]
    == GAAL IF ~!StateCheck("7XXAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)InParty("7XXAN")~ THEN ~Doomed is right! Attack them!~
    END
    For future reference though, I now have my own sub-forum at the Chosen Of Mystra website.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=133.0

It'll probably be the best place to either reach me for a while and to post bugs that you may find. Thanks again for playing. :)

5. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

6. Blades of Vanatar

Did you and Zireal ever connect on cross-mod stuff for his work on Khalid NPC for BG2? Those are basically the 2 mods I have been waiting for to be bug-free for a great gameplay.

Also, is Yeslick fixed? Everytime I add him, I speak to the Dwarf in the City Gates about starting some quest with Yeslick getting some type of item to protect for the clan and it ends up in a dialogue cycle with no ending. Kind of makes Yeslick unusable.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.