1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Did You Spend Your New Year's Eve 2016?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sorvo, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm here sitting with my beer, oh dear but have no fear! I'll be back again next year :beer:

2. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm sitting in chat and playing Baldur's Gate. The way that God would have wanted.

3. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Karaoke at home with flatmates, interspersed with lots of drinking and playing an MMO while watching a Let's Play of Temple of Elemental Evil.

Jeez Sorvo, you should multitask more. :p

4. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31

But that takes effort!

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Finishing up on a foto-album, watching a Just Cause 2 let's play while my wife talks to her family through new year (in another time zone), and then sleeping through the actual fireworks.

6. Corvain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I visited some friends, watching some movies, having some mead with The Hobbit trilogy and planning our first venture into LARP this summer :)

7. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31

That's a good way to spend the end of the year.

8. Jacobthebosmanbos Gems: 1/31

Trying a homebrew dungeon crawl, using AD&D 2nd edition rules with four friends. We had a blast, and split the loot with little to no loss of blood. ;-)

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Split the loot, but never the party! :rolleyes:

Jacobthebosmanbos likes this.
  10. Blatherbeard Gems: 1/31

Beer and games, duh!

11. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31

One campaign I DMed was centered around the idea of that. We never did finish it though.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We were in the hospital from the 28th to the 2nd, so yea that was my new year. My partner was delivering our baby boy and there were complications so she had to have an emergency cesarean. Both mum and baby are doing great now, apart from the fact the little one has a tendency to be up crying hysterically from midnight to 3am almost every night like clockwork!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Taluntain likes this.
  13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Congratulations on becoming a dad, Barmy! Say goodbye to your free time from now on, though :)

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am discovering! Rather naively I never realised the little bundles get through 10-12 nappies a day!

15. henkie

Media:
    I wouldn't worry about it, there will be many more things that you will discover you were naive in. Like 100% of the parents, I think.

Like I've been discovering for the past few months, that there are many, many, many different colds that exist, and that little kids seem to catch all of them. And that I seem to catch most of them as well.

16. Blatherbeard Gems: 1/31

Congrats on the babe! I remember those days well. Coughs, colds, flues, scarlet fevers. And dont forget chicken pox! ;)

Course theres also the first crawl, first walk, first roll over, first word, etc.

so yeah, kids are bundles of germs that you cant help but love!

Wayward Son likes this.
  17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    New cats. had to stay close, but no problem.

In the Netherlands we are allowed to light fireworks on 31-12 from 18:00 until 00:20. Mostly we have a small war zone after 24:00 in that timeslot. And i like fireworks. I like it a lot. Everybody likes it to some extend, but some use illegal far too heavy fireworks. And of course drunk idiots or people who cannot read the instructions. When you buy legal fireworks, wear glasses and follow the instruction, crossing the street is more dangerous.

Ofcourse the Dutch taxman makes it expensive. And American friends, you have no right to complain about taxes when you see our rates.

New cats slept trough everything. As for the fireworks, very foggy, and sunday in my very religious village. Next year.

--

Had chickenpox at the age of 28. Hell of a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
    Blatherbeard likes this.
  18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You could have edited your previous post to include that and I got them at 21 I can feel your pain :(

19. Blatherbeard Gems: 1/31

I love fireworks as well and as an american i never complain about my taxes but i do complain about the complainers who say we need X or Y which will increase taxes ha ha.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.