1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Printed manuals

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by SlickRCBD, Feb 19, 2017.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just saw a [used] copy of Baldur's Gate II:Shadows of Amn in the box at the Palatine Library book sale. It had a book that looked like the manual rubber banded to the box and was as big as the box.

Was it sold separately? There was no way it came out of that box.
    I'm just curious since when I bought the Collector's Edition I only got the manuals on the CDs.
    In hindsight I should have snapped a photo on my phone.

Also I should have logged in immediately using either my phone or the library's computer to give everyone else here that lives near Palatine, IL a heads up. They also had a copy of IWd, a copy of NWN1 without expansions, and a copy of NWN Gold (with only the OC & SoU). The sale is on tomorrow if nobody has snatched them up.

:evil:Plus a copy of Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion and Warcraft III Battle Chest, but I snatched those up for $2 each:money:.

In any case, those book sales can be a great place to find old games at true bargain prices and support your local library at the same time. I don't know how common they are outside the NW suburbs of Chicago, but Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and Wheeling/Buffalo Grove/Prospect Heights (all share the Indian Trails Library district) all have regular sales. I'm pretty sure Hoffman Estates does too, but it is a bit far for me.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I stil have my original copy of Baldur's gate II : Shadows of Amn somewhere - it did come with a manual, but that was not as large as the box the whole package came in, but was slightly smaller.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The only boxed copy I'd be willing to buy at this point would be Ps:T. I've never even seen a physical copy before.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have my BG1, TotSC, BG2, TOB, IWD1, IWD2 and PS:T hard copies, with manuals, in my desk drawers at home. Lots of discs . . . .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.