1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ads - About & Problem Reports

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 14, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry about that, I'm doing some testing with replacing the old provider but can't get it to work properly... this will be fixed as soon as possible.

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The GOG logo on top of all forum pages shows up as a missing image in Internet Explorer and Chrome. In Firefox you can't see it at all.

(It's probably a problem at gog.com but I thought I'd report it just in case.)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks for the notice - I fixed it on the site a while ago but I didn't even see it here on the boards as I use Firefox and for some reason it doesn't show the broken image icon.

4. Taluntain

Media:
    I just got this report from a user in Virginia: "Specifically, every single time I visit your site from an iOS device, I am immediately redirected to a "you've just won something!" site."

Is anyone else from the US reading this in Virginia or close by that could test accessing the site on an iOS device to see if they're experiencing the same? I haven't received any other reports so far but obviously if this is happening to more people we need to sort it out.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just checked it using safari on my phone (which I'm not logged in) and yes, I got redirected to us.49750.site saying if I completed an amazon survey I would get a $1,000 gift card. This was done from Eastern Massachusetts.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks, this was directly on sorcerers.net or the forums?

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorcerers.net

8. Taluntain

Media:
  9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I tried this two ways. Once by clicking on the link in tapatalk and second by manually typing in the address. Both times all I got was a banner ad at the top of the screen and nothing else, but no redirect.

I then just typed in sorcerers.net and it took me to the site with no redirect so either you fixed it or the redirect has a timer.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    No, haven't fixed it yet as I haven't managed to determine which ad spot it's coming from. Please try again tomorrow but hit http://sorcerers.net/adtest.php directly first before any other SP url.

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    No more redirects and the same results as in post 109. If I think of it, I'll try with an ipad when I get home

Taluntain likes this.
  12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bad news. I got a redirect on my iPad to the same site. I thought I was ok as it didn't happen right away. It happened when I went to the boards to post. I forgot to do the adtest link first, but when I tried it after I got the same result. That being no site, just one banner ad at the top. I also wasn't logged in if that makes a difference.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Just to confirm, you did experience the same redirect when going to sorcerers.net/adtest.php ? That is the important bit as it narrows it down to a single ad spot.

14. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just for the record, I'm not getting this problem on my iOS device in US(not Va though). Must be a problem with Va.

15. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    No, never a redirect from that url. However, whenever I go to that url all I get is a blank screen with a banner ad at the top. If I am supposed to see something different?

OK, I just tried it again. When I go to the adtest site as before I got a blank screen, with a banner ad at the top and nothing else. I went to the main page and it worked fine. I let it sit there for about ten seconds. I then clicked on a link to go to the boards and was redirected to the same amazon gift card site.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks, the explains some things. And yes, you are only supposed to see a single ad on the test page, that's the point. ;) But I see that the redirect is triggered on click, so I'll need to add some links to the test page. Stay tuned...

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just to clarify, the very first time, I think I was redirected without a click, but I may be mistaken.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Hm, we'll see. I've added a couple of links to http://sorcerers.net/adtest.php so let me know if you load that page first, does it take a click on one of the links to trigger the redirect.

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I tried with iPad. I went to the normal site. No redirect until I clicked on something. Then tried the adtest. Clicked on a link and no redirect. I then went back to the main site, clicked a link and no redirect. I will try again later/tomorrow and try the adtest site first.

20. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Today I clicked on the adtest first. Then I clicked on the link that took me to the news. Everything seemed fine so I tried closing the pop up telling me that I wasn't logged in and/or an ad for dawn of the titans and boom I was redirected to the same place as before.

I then went to the main page, everything looked good. Clicked to go to a board. The board loaded I saw the same dawn of titans ad, and then was redirected without clicking on anything.

These were both on an iphone. tonight if you need me to I can check again on an ipad (when I get home).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.