1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place RPG Giveaway Entries

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regalese Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I like GOG because I have access to so many classic RPGs I've missed and thanks to no DRM they're really mine to keep

2. Byrger Gems: 1/31

GOG is amazing for many classic games, especially old but gold rpg's and adventure games. Currently, I'm playing Expeditions: Conquistadors and having a blast! Plus, you can't wrong with the DRM-free policy. I would prefer Battle Brothers from the 2 offered games. Keep up the amazing work GOG!

3. IMuthaTuckerI Gems: 1/31

I like GOG's time-sensitive giveaways. I like how instead of just holding a raffle, they give away an unlimited amount of keys in a period of time. Really helps people like me who've entered hundreds of giveaways and haven't won a single one yet. :wail::grin:

4. NeoGabi Gems: 1/31

I love GOG because they are really dedicated to DRM free games and universal pricing. I'm also a huge fan of the older games I grew up with and being able to get legitimate versions that work on new(er) systems is really wonderful.

Also, if there's a choice of keys, I'd love a copy of Cosmic Star Heroine!

5. SilverMidnight Gems: 1/31

I love GOG.com because it lets me still play games I fell in love with growing up, like Baldur's Gate, and new games to love like Stardew Valley. GOG has brought me many, many hours of enjoyment. If I win I would like Cosmic Star Heroine please.

6. Luopio Gems: 1/31

All those older games you can't buy anywhere else and they come with a digital copy of a manual. I love game manuals. I have relived so many good memories thanks to GOG. Also no DRM.

7. omar Gems: 1/31

I like GOG for a few reasons:
    1) Free DRM.
    2) Good Deals.
    3) Good Support Service.

8. Horace McG Gems: 1/31

I don't like the concept of DRM and the hassles of DRM and the limited lifespan of the games themselves. I really love that GOG sells DRM free games and it has a convenient launcher like Steam if I want to use it for the extra online features it provides. GOG's freedom of choice is so far ahead of every other game platform which is hugely apealing to me especially since modern game plaforms are so online focused and connected in a forced way.

Also if by chance I was chosen in the giveaway, I would prefer Battle Brothers but CSH is something I am still interested in playing, (both on my wishlist) it's just a little less so compared to BB.

9. udm Gems: 1/31

I like GOG for its DRM-free games and acquisition of older games that are unavailable elsewhere (e.g. SWAT 4).

P.S. Would prefer Battle Brothers if I do win. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  10. VampiresRevenge Gems: 1/31

I like Gog.com because it brings good old games back to life.

11. Vornikon Gems: 1/31

GOG is my favorite, mainly because of DRM-free games, proving standalone installers and not forcing you to use a client (although they've been trying to recently, bad, bad GOG!). I also like that they patch some games to run almost effortlessly on a modern OS.

12. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I like gog.com because it freed me from having to reinstall BG2 through the use of 4 discs. Most games are constantly updated to work on modern OS too.

I do have a preference for Tyranny (Already own PoE and Two Worlds).

13. Barrabas Gems: 1/31

Gog.com is the best, because they sold me NWN 1+2 for a reasonable price. Those Atari "complete" boxes are way to expensive! I also learned thanks to gog.com that there are a lot of awesome old like Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession, Star Wars Tie Fighter, Police Quest, Stonekeep, and so on.... wait? I already own 158 Games on GoG? "Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there."

Edit: If i win :pope:, i would prefer Battle Brothers

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  14. Samael Venom of God Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm, well what to say about GOG.com ?

Fair pricing.
    Refunds before Steam got taken to court and forced to provide them because GOG.com cares about consumers as part of the business model.
    They sell working games - VtM: Bloodlines is famously good and also famously broken it and games like it are released in fixed forms, they also update games to be compatible with newer operating systems saving old games from the scrap heap.
    I got Master of Magic there, it was extremely cheap and is now an all time favourite game of mine.
    They run a Twitch channel called GOGcom and stream games from the catalogue every day with a variety of streamers.
    They sell games that you simply cannot get anywhere else, they've even got the original D&D PC games from the DOS era, now there's some history for ya.
    No DRM. You own what you buy.
    You can download and store your games in case of issues in the future.
    Free extras like soundtracks and wallpapers to accompany your purchased games.

But those are just boring reasons, business ethics and customer service - who cares about that?! This is about games and gamers not about companies!

So what has GOG done for me that relates specifically to gaming, it introduced me to Shadowrun Returns via a GOGcom Twitch stream, that got my interest. Then in a big sale I got Shadowrun Dragonfall and I played it and loved it. After that I got Shadowrun Hong Kong, these are games I only gave the slightest consideration because of their website and community interactions.

And now I am learning Fifth Edition Shadowrun rules so that I can run a Shadowrun PnP game for a friend that I made in the GOG.com community whilst watching a stream on the Twitch channel GOGcom

That is why I love GOG. Because they're awesome, not just in one way but in many and they're making me a better nerd. No other game company has ever had an impact on my life and now I'm learning my first PnP system to play with people that the company allowed me to meet, heck, if I ever get my head around Shadowrun 5e I've got a few more systems lined up to learn after that.

If I were to win, I would much prefer Battle Brothers.

15. _cheese_thacos_ Gems: 1/31

GOG is great because it's DRM-free.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Time's up so I'm closing this thread for new replies. Thanks to everyone for participating! We'll be announcing the winners in the next couple of days via a post in the original news thread. All the winners will be receiving a PM here as well, so make sure that you have a current e-mail listed in your profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.