1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing Persons!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Lloyd W, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm in chapter 3. Cannot find Jaheira, Mook, or Bodhi. And cannot figure out what I need to do to get to chapter 4.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Jahiera should be standing outside the Harper building in the Docks district if you removed her from your party. Mook should be on the small "dock" near the bottom of the Docks district. Bohdi is in the cemetery district. I think you have to go in through another crypt to get to her.

3. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31

Regarding Jaheira, the door to the Galvary Estate is locked ("The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock and may be warded against simple spells") and she is not outside. Regarding Mook, he is not on the dock the middle and only two sailors are on the dock to the right and I cannot get to the dock directly south of the Galvary Estate since the door to the house is locked, as mentioned above. I will search the cemetery again for Bodhi but my previous efforts have been in vain. Thanks for your input!

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm lost as to where Jahiera is if she's not outside the Harper place. Sorry.
    In order to find Mook it has to be night time. Sorry, forgot to mention that.
    With finding Bohdi I think there is a tomb over on the right side of the cemetery. It's the same on you go in for Korgan's quest if that helps. You just don't go downward/south into the part of the tomb where his quest is. Keep going around. Hope that makes sense. :confused:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    FYI it's Jaheira and Bodhi (note spelling). Incorrect spelling will net fewer search results of previous posts on this subject on the forums.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm going to ask a couple of possibly silly questions to help pinpoint what is going on here:

First, was Jaheira in your party at all and if so, when and under what circumstances did she leave?

Second, have you previously been approached by Valen with an offer to meet her mistress? If so, did you do so?

Third, where are you with regard to progress for Aran Linvail's various tasks (i.e., what, if anything has he told you to do and what, if anything, have you accomplished in that regard)?

7. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31

1. She was in my party. However she was approached by Meronia and left with her.
    2. I have not been approached by Valen.
    3. Mr. Linvail wishes me to look for Mook.
    Concerning what is going on? I am a 73 year old newbie having some trouble figuring things out sometimes!

I may have modify #2. Now that I think about it, Valen probably did approach me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1. My understanding is that the next time you rest, she should return. If you are in a romance with her, you might have to rest outside (it was that way in the regular game, I don't know about EE).

2. You should have been sometime shortly after you were initially approached with the Shadow Thieves' opening offer.

3. If you are along far enough for the talk to Mook dialogue to have occurred, then you are not going to be able to visit with your friend Bodhi for a couple of more quests yet. Mook should be available at the south end of the Docks District after sundown.

9. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Who is Meronia? Is she a mod add in? I've never seen her. If she's not a mod how do I get her to show up?

10. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31

Here is the entry the event triggered in my journal..."Day 112, Hour 12 (Eleasias, 1369) Another Harper named Meronia appeared and bid Jaheira to follow her. I have misgivings of what may come of this, although Jaheira has assured me that she will not be gone long." As for me, I barely remember the incident and cannot be of much more help than what I have given here. This probably happened inside the Galvarey Estate when I was able to get in earlier in the game. Now I cannot even get into the Galvarey Estate (The Harper Hold) to even search for Jaheira! The door is locked! As a result, it seems that I am stuck in chapter 3.

11. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Did you find the poisioned guy and Xar's quest with the Harpers?

12. Cecily Griselda Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Did you rest... check taverns and inns for Jaheira...

13. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31

I remember bringing Renfield's body to the Harper Hold and retrieving a bird. This was somehow connected with Xzar.

I will try this. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  14. dmc

Media:
    That's what I wrote in post #8 above, once you rest, Jaheira is supposed to come back.

15. Lloyd W Gems: 1/31

Thanks DMC. I finally found Mook on the docks and am now trying to find Bodhi beneath the graveyard district. As soon as I complete this task, I shall begin to search for Jaheira.
    By the way, you mentioned resting. After resting, should I go to the front of the Galvarey Estate immediately after I rest to find her?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  16. dmc

Media:
    If it is working right, she is supposed to be there when you wake up. If you are in a romance with her, you might need to rest outdoors. If that fails, there might be a serious glitch and you may never see her again unless you console her in.

17. Son of Imoen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you rest after Jaheira leaves with Meronia she should return, but it might be the case she doesn't initiate dialogue after you awake, so she's just standing there where you were when you rested without you noticing. Especially when resting in an inn, you might fail to notice her if your aren't scanning the room for her to appear. I think it's a bug when she doesn't initiate dialogue. I'm running two campaigns where I had Jaheira's quest started, in one, she talked to Charname after rest, in another I was waiting for Jaheira to return when I found out she was just standing there in the inn where I rested after her leaving with Meronia.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.