1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Projectile damage

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why is missile damage in BG2EE so much less than in BGEE? If anything it should be more in BG2EE as the enemies get harder to kill with more HPs.
    Is there a mod out there that will make the missile damage for BG2EE as much as in BGEE?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this? Should it be here or in the BGEE forums instead?

2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Well they did reduce the damage on some arrows and took a point of damage away from the standard composite bow and it was probably due to the perception of how strong archery was in BG1. It was so nasty in BG1 that they probably took too much away in BG2.

Though honestly the biggest problems for archery is that the magic bows are on the whole kind of bad in many cases, many of them do not get a bonus to damage (which in many cases they should or the damage does not match what it should be especially on composite bows), lack of str to damage, and the arrows are often also missing a damage bonus.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    They definitely took a lot away.

BG1 arrow of fire +1d6 fire save for no damage
    BG1 arrow of acid + 2d6 acid no save
    BG1 arrow of ice +1d6 no save

BG2 arrow of fire +1d2 save for no damage
    BG2 arrow of acid +1d3 save for no damage
    BG2 arrow of ice +1d2 save for no damage

That's just the arrows. The bullets & bolts of the same type were really nice too.
    Also there were some really nice darts that had similar damage added.

BG2 definitely got hosed on added damage. Lol

4. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Wow. I'm tempted to mod the BG2 arrows back to their BG1 counterparts. That's a pretty big nerf.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, but once you add grand mastery or archer the damage (with no save) just rocks.

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    damedog please do. That's what I'm hoping for is someone to mod it back to BG1 damage or at least better.

I'd rather have the BG1 ammo. It does more damage than grand mastery or archery damage.

7. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Also look at the basic magic arrows (including the infinite quivers). As I recall they all give a boost to accuracy but not damage.

Actually is that correct on the acid arrows. I recall them even in BG2 having no save to negate damage though I think the damage was still reduced.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Doh! My mistake. Just checked again and your right Yoshimo's Heart there is no save for the acid arrows in BG2 just like in BG1. It does a ton less damage though.
    But considering the acid arrows in BG1 did a killing amount of acid damage (2d6!) I'd say they needed a nerf. Not as bad as they did get though.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    In BG2, they wanted to make elemental arrows more consistent and less powerful on their own. Personally, I'd have just given them each +1d4 elemental damage and call it a day.

Also, the mods for changing projectiles from one version to the other already exist. SCS shifts the ones in BG1 to the ones in BG2 and I'm sure I've seen an option somewhere for the reverse.

Oh, and just to point out the obvious: You don't really need a "mod", you can just copy paste the files from BG1 to BG2 or vice versa. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    What files do I need to copy/paste?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.