1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Afaaq's master in the Underdark?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Where is (s)he? Afaaq says he feels the presence strongest near the Duergar encampment but I find nothing but the 3 dwarves?

Sorry I forgot to mention he is the djinn from the djinni companion mod

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thanks for the link but it doesn't have an answer to my question :(

4. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    It contains a prerequisite for working. Did you install the full version of the mod or only the limited version? The latter does not contain the Djinn’s master.

And it contains a version number. Do you use the latest version in your game?

5. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I think I installed the full version but not totally sure. Looks like I have 1.3. I did d/l 1.4 but I'm afraid to install it because of other mods used:

BOM item pack
    Upgradable Dak'kon's Blade
    Dungeon-b-gone 1.7
    7C-Yoshi-master = supposed to make it so Yoshimo doesn't die and can still be used during the rest of the game but isn't working for some reason.

I think that's all the mods I'm using. I don't remember what order I installed them in if that matters?

Is there a way to uninstall any of the mods so I can re-install them and see if that helps with other bugs.
    One bug I have is Afaaq suddenly re-joined my party when I entered an area (don't remember which one). The problem with that is that I no longer have the lamp. A group of rakshasa tracked me down and took it back. But I guess it doesn't matter now because he's gone again. I think I accidentally got him killed and didn't notice before a long play. Didn't feel like reloading a save from a ways back so I just went on without him. Don't know why but he never used any of the potions of healing I gave him.

I also have a problem with the Dungeon-B-Gone where the genie pops up randomly and I have to go through the whole dialog anyway. If I have the lamp (his not Afaaq's) I can still trade it for my sword which will then give me TWO of those swords. I ditch one so I only have the one in case it matters anytime during the game for whatever reason. But none of that seems to matter. The genie still pops up now and then. I've had as many as FIVE show up all with the same dialog. My guess is that the mod is messing with another mod but I don't know how to find out which one or how I could fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  6. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    Do you really mean you downloaded version 1.4 or do you mean 2.4? Because 2.4 is the last version according to the mods site.

7. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    DOH! Sorry. I meant 2.3 and 2.4.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I installed the latest version (2.4) and started a new party. I'm now in the Underdark and STILL don't see his master??? Afaaq says he senses his master closest near the duegar merchants but all I see are the 3 duegar. I've cast True Seeing and they are just duegar. Where is his master?
    He didn't say anything about it until I finished and exited the drow city. So I went back to the duegar merchants and see nothing different???

9. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    Isn’t the latest version 2.5?
    https://argent77.github.io/DjinniCompanion/index.html#version
    And as before: FULL version? The limited version does not contain his master.
    https://argent77.github.io/DjinniCompanion/index.html#component
    Installed that mod LAST, else other mods might have overwritten part of it?
    https://argent77.github.io/DjinniCompanion/index.html#installation

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Thanks for the link. I didn't think there was a newer version. I just d/l the 2.4 a couple months ago (looks like it was just a couple weeks before the 2.5) so I thought it was the newest. Hopefully that will help. Just uninstalled the 2.4 full version and installed the 2.5 full version. I did notice that it says you have to do it BEFORE the drow ritual so I'll have to start again. Lol. I don't understand why he waits until AFTER the ritual to say anything though. Maybe this new version will work better I hope.
    I "think" the 2.4 full version was the last mod installed but not totally sure. In any case this newer 2.5 is definitely the last mod installed so that might help also.
    Thanks for the help. :tobattle:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.