1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Console - Romance edit not working

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by BigT, Sep 8, 2001.

1. BigT Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have tried many times to enter the CLUA. . . .console line script to check on my romance setting with Viconia. (I am playing a human Paladin). She just joined the party a quest or so ago and has not spoken to me at all since saving her but she has teased Aerie.

After entering in the console command to check on the romance 'setting', all I get is the text "GLOBAL:" on the next line - no numbers at all. What's wrong?

Here is (one of)the scripts I have used as posted all over regarding romance:
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal(Lovetalk,LOCALS)

I really want to enable a romance to see what it is like. Yes, I have installed the patches for romoance and some bug fixes. Yes, I have edited the ini file for cheating.

HELP! and THANKS!

[This message has been edited by BigT (edited September 08, 2001).]

2. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Try this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","Global","2")

or this:

CLUAConsole:Setlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global","1")

3. BigT Gems: 1/31

thanks for some help.

I have tried both of your "set" global commands you mentioned. When I enter the text in the cheat console, the same command line appears in the above text dialog window. This makes me wonder if the command script was accepted.

however, when I use the CLUAConsole:GetGlobals(Lovetalk,LOCALS) script, all I get is the "GLOBAL:" reply, still no number.

ANY other suggestions? Am I OK with a romance setting?

Hold on -
    son of a gun. I exited the game and tried the command again and yes, I get a reply of:
    Global: LOVETALK LOCALS Set to 1"

Huzzaah!

Now, what else can I do to get the relationship going with Viconia? Anyone?

What would happen if I set it to say "10" or something. I am unsure to do this because I read one post which said if the number setting is equal to "2" that means the relationship is "off". Anyone confirm this or offer any suggestion to move things along?

Thanks everyone!

[This message has been edited by BigT (edited September 08, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm a bit drunk so I'll spam only these:

Put mouse pointer over Viccy and type in console:
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")

Don't forget the quote symbols!

SetGlobal commands SET variables. DO NOT TOUCH ViconiaRomance variable - it is timer.
    More tommorrow...

5. BigT Gems: 1/31

Thanks. Standing Bye for further insight ;)

Try taking a vitamin now to help prevent a hangover tomorrow. .. .

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

OMG OMG :rolleyes:

DO NOT TOUCH ViconiaMatch!!!
    If you set it to 2 like he posted above - romance stops forever!!!

Ok, type these commands and post numbers you get from those:
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL")

Then put mouse pointer over Viconia (click on her!) and type this:
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")

Also post the result of that last command here. And don't forget the quotes!

Btw, uninstall ALL UNOFFICIAL "FIXES". I mean ALL. No matter if those are romance fixes or some other.

7. BigT Gems: 1/31

Thanks for such help!

I should mention that recently Viconia talked to me to offer an apology and she went on how humans hate drow and vice vers. . . I thought this to be a good sign of a relationship starting?

Here are my results to the script queries:

ViconiaRomanceActive = 2
    JaheiraRomanceActive = 2
    AerieRomanceActive = 2

ViconiaMatch = 1

Mouse over Viconia with Lovetalk,LOCALS = 7

Does 1= 'on' and '2' = off more or less? Do I need to change the romanceactive settings to = 1?

Thanks! I await your reply.

P.S.
    now Viconia has talked to me again. My Lovetalk,LOCALS setting for her is now =11

Isn't this going in the right direction??

[This message has been edited by BigT (edited September 10, 2001).]

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

BIG T what follows is a brief overview of most of the romance variables used in the game. I think it answers most of your questions. The overview comes from a comprehensive Romance Guide that Extremist is putting together.

Extremist - see people just keep asking about the variables :b

Anyway here's the info:

"Within the game there are a number of variables used to monitor and control the romance. Any of you with a reasonable understanding of PCs might like to know a bit about what these variables do and how to access them (certainly the number of posts we get on the subject suggests so). So here is a brief guide to the main ones. If you need help on accessing the console to type in commands please refer to the ‘Power users’ file on your CD or in your game directory and look for the words cheat and console.

Lovetalk:
    This is probably the most important variable for managing a romance. It shows how far the romance has progressed. You will notice in the detailed breakdowns that follow (in the full guide) that after each dialogue the lovetalk rating gets changed to show that the romance has moved on. So if you to keep an eye on things this is the variable to check. There are two commands you need to know to access the variable (you will need to access the console to type these commands):

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Lovetalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over a character’s portrait. Press return and the console will show you their romance rating.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number. (So if you really blow it or get stuck by a bug you might be able to get things moving again).

The final targets you are aiming at for each romance are:
    Jaheira 70 (ish)
    Viconia 76
    Aerie 34 (but that is a wildguess based on something I saw ages ago)
    Anomen (does anyone care?)

CharacterActiveRomance:
    This is another useful variable to check if things seem to be going wrong. You can access it wth the following commands:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL") - to find out what value it has.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX) – to manually set the value where XX can be 1 for a romance can happen, 2 for the romance is live and 3 for the romance is dead. Change the variable name to Jaheira, Viconia or Anomen for their vaules.

CharacterRomance:
    This variable is used to count down the time to the next dialogue event. In other words it’s a clock that measures real time passing as you play the game.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“JaheiraRomance”,”GLOBALS”,1) or the name of the character you are romancing. This should trigger the next dialogue providing all other conditions (location meeting characters etc) have been met.

CharcaterMatch:
    Before a romance can start the game checks to make sure your character is compatible from a species point of view. When you meet a NPC that has a romance their LoveTalk rating is set to one and then a check is made for race compatibility. If this check is failed no more changes are made to the LoveTalk rating. You can check this varibale using these commands:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL") - to find out what value it has.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",XX) – to manually set the value where XX can be 0 for the romance can’t happen or 1 for the romance is possible. Change the variable name to Jaheira, Aerie or Anomen for their vaules. If you want to overcome a racial limitation (for example if you want a dwarf to romance) you can simply create a global variable called ViconiaMatch (if you don’t have one already) and set it to 1, and also create (or modify if it exists) a global variable called CheckViconiaMatch and also set that to 1.

Additional Note:

The syntax for these commands is very strict and easy to get wrong. If you get an error message from the console try again and make sure all commas and capitals are in place. Also, mucking about with ingame variable can always lead to unintended results so ALWAYS save the game first and keep that saved copy for a long time just in case…"

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] AND NOW I'M :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!

If I remember correctly, I said UNINSTALL romance cheat and other UNOFFICIAL fixes, haven't I?

See my dear - it is impossible to have all three RomanceActive variables set on 2. ONLY ONE OF THEM can be 2 and the other two get value of 3 in that case. There is a script that destroys two other romances in the very moment one of RomanceActive variables gets the value of 2.

In your game - you're actually romancing all three of them. Yes, you do. I'm almost 100% sure that with those fixes you're romancing even Anomen as fourth lover :p :p
    If I were on your place, I would be ashamed.

Bah! No matter.

You just continue with it all, but keep in mind that romance does not proceed in DUNGEONS and in Viconia's case, it won't proceed in area outside de'Arnise hold. So, to get another talk with Viccy, you just have to exit dungeon, ok?

All other things of interest you can read from Slappy's post, except one minor error (Slappy :p).
    When you try to speed up the romance dialogs with:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","GLOBALS",1)

You'll have to wait 30 seconds more to get next dialog. OK?

Yes, you CAN avoid this with messing up the romance with changing LOVETALK values - DO NOT DO THIS! Some LOVETALK values are safe to set, but some will ruin the romance, ok?

And don't forget to rest from time to time! Some dialogs are actually triggered by rest button.

End of spam: your romance is proceeding ok for now. Will it be screwed because of UNOFFICIAL crap, I don't think even Bioware would know.

10. Evrar Gems: 1/31

strange thing happend to me, after i installed some mods (tweaks) lovetalk variable disapeared
    how to restore it?, i tried to reinstall game, but it does not restored it

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Reinstalling the game would not affect your saved game files.
    IIRC, It is possible to edit it with DaleKeeper II, or even add it.
    If not it was NearInfinity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.