1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I don't understand Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by SlickRCBD, Aug 26, 2023.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't understand this. Somehow being arrested and charged with various crimes is INCREASING Trumps popularity and viability as a candidate.

Back in 2010 during the gubernatorial race in Illinois, the person who was picked in the primary as the Democratic candidate for Lt. Governor was pressured to withdraw from the race after being charged with domestic violence against his wife.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sco...ois-lieutenant-governor-race/story?id=9776763

Yet when a Republican front-runner gets arrested, their political viability as a candidate for public office is not impacted?
    https://www.pewresearch.org/short-r...-americans-views-of-trump-over-the-past-year/
    Why aren't they calling for him to withdraw?

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Politicians in the US are generally scum, regardless of political orientation. Remember Bill Clinton and the "Oral Office" who even lied in court that he has never had sex with that women?

If a group sees itself being persecuted by the state who wants to change their way of life then they will develop a rebel mentality where everyone who stands up against the evil state is a hero. Simple as that.

damedog likes this.
  3. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I am one of those people whose support for Trump increases the more they invent novel legal theories specifically to target this one man and specifically for political reasons. The entire history of the legal assault on him since 2016 can not be justified by the evidence, precedent, common sense, or proper procedure.

Well put.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I always saw it as blowback for Trump's "Lock her up" campaign slogan.
    That said, I also thought the defamation cases, and the one about what amounts misleading people about his business' worth in New York had merit. The latter because of how little he pays in taxes. It's comparable to my taxes and I make less than 30K a year. I thought rich people were supposed to pay more in taxes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "supposed" is the right word. Sure the normal view is that more income = more taxes. However rich people, especially rich people running a business have a lot of options and usually good tax advisers who help them to evade taxes.

Some of that is even legal - anyone can deduct some expenses from his tax depending on the tax laws of the country.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.