1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 Facts About You...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2010.

1. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

1. I'm 185 cm tall.
    2. I played basketball for a local club when I was a teenager.
    3. I smoke a lot and drink too much coffee.
    4. Raised as christian orthodox, atheist since I was 17 years old.
    5. I have a younger sister.
    6. I hate people who drive slowly in the fast lane.
    7. I have a tattoo in my left arm.
    8. I have served for 16 months as a conscript sergeant in the Greek army. Total waste of time.
    9. I collect vinyl records.
    10. 40s seem to be more frightening than 30s.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Sad but true. It's a good thing I don't have any kids, that would make me feel much older. ;)

Who isn't? We can only hope to be as cool as Splunge when we get there. :p

Same thing here. Shoes matter. :D

I've dated a few girls who were 5' tall. Makes you feel like a big guy. :p

I have three different copies of Heat for that very reason.

:)

Somebody finally uses the metric system! Yeah! I'm 180cm tall too (a little more with the right shoes).

Oh yeah. I also hate people who drive slowly on mountain roads, they really freak me out.

I'll probably get there soon enough...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Then you never heard *me* curse.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Me too. MY nickname as a kid was "Beeper". Given to me by my oldest brother. He said I talked so fast, it was like hearing someone go "beepbeepbeepbeepdabeep".

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    1. I'm 5'2"
    2. I'm deeply religious
    3. I'm an avid wargammer and hobbyist
    4. I'm a dangerous driver o_o
    5. I enjoy swordplay and was going to be trained for the paralympic fencing team
    6. I drink enough J2O to keep them in business
    7. I collect various things obsessively
    8. I'm currently living in two rooms with my boyfriend and both of our stuff combined
    9. I bite
    10. I can't read things on paper :o

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, bite me.

:p

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    1. I'm 5' 10" and 165 lbs.
    2. When I was ten, I bought a small hardback copy of the Odyssey from a bargain bin at a discount store, and I still have it 35 years later, along with six other copies.
    3. I've played music since my second year in public school and still play drums and guitar. At the moment, my favorite guitar is an Epiphone Studio Firebird, which is a large slab of cherry stained mahogany, and looks and sounds just gorgeous.
    4. I like plants and gardening, and I like working outdoors. I especially like to grow roses.
    5. Even though I studied literature and history in college, I've worked most of my adult life as a salesman, and anyone who has worked with me has remarked that I could sell ice to an Eskimo. I'm not boasting, only that timid, modest salesmen typically have skinny kids and bad credit.
    6. I despise old people who think they know more than young people just because they are older.
    7. I consume large amounts of bottled water, coffee, beer, red wine and chocolate, in no particular order.
    8. I'm a true conservative: I believe the Ancient Greeks created Western Civilization. :grin:
    9. I'm married to a woman 10 years younger than I am. But I don't hold that against her, since she has given me three wonderful children who are every bit as beautiful as she is.
    10. I am a pretty lucky guy. :)

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good luck with that... :p

When you get to be my age, you'll realize just how wrong you are. :p

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well you certainly aren't setting your expectations very high. :p

Probably should contribute now that I went on to comment something.

1. I'm 180cm tall.
    2. I don't know next to anything about music, nor do I listen to it much.
    3. I live in the closest thing to a slum around here.
    4. I'm almost obsessed about my financial security and am a very very careful spender...
    5. ...so studying economics and accounting sort of comes naturally.
    6. I've never been arrested but have been involved in plenty of stuff that could have gotten me arrested, guess I've been lucky so far.
    7. I'm myself fully Finnish but have done all my education in Swedish, making me effectively bilingual. Most of my friends are also Swedish speaking.
    8. In sports, Sweden losing is almost as important as Finland winning something.
    9. I'm currently only using a laptop since my desktop said BOOM about a year ago.
    10. ...which means I haven't been playing much computer games since, which is probably a good thing since I really don't have that much time for them either.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    1. I'm 5'7, so short, but not as short as 8 :p
    2. I'm a lover of music...
    3. ...but despite owning a guitar for around 8 years and practising obsessively, i'm terrible at it.
    4. I love tea, I drink it in pint mugs, and I love Berry Relentless.
    5. I've been with the same lass for over 2 years now - She's good for me.
    6. I work for Microsoft on the Xbox 360 project, but I own a PS3 at home.
    7. I'm an obsessive MMO fan, have been for over 10 years.
    8. I've never had to save anyone's life, and hopefully i'll never have to. I'm not good under pressure :p
    9. I've been a D&Der for probably about 4 years now, but I still can't recreate the magic of my first character, no matter how hard I try :(
    10. I am Keyser Söze.

11. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze. :D

Cap'n CJ and Caradhras like this.
  12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    As a father, I disagree - kids make you feel young again. However, they also make you feel tired.

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh.
    My best RL friend (and semi official translator to impatient people) claims I talk by speeding up to a monotonous buzz. My brother beeps.

14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Good to know, the trouble is I'm already tired. :coffee:

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hope you don't have any boys..... :p

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
  17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1) I am older than Splunge.
    2) I am 5' 1 1/2" tall.
    3) I love fantasy, SciFI and mysteries.
    4) I hate housework.
    5) I can't spell.
    6) I consider Cauliflower a non food.
    7) I love a good argument.
    8) I have a very bad temper.
    9) My typing is terrible.
    10) I was a pretty good student when I felt like it.

18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1. I'm 1.86 m, and even when training every day am still borderline overweight according to the BMI index. The BMI index is rubbish.
    2. I'm not quite 30 yet, but when people ask I tend to say I am, because it is easier to remember.
    3. I love to listen to music. If I'm not listening to music, I'm either sleeping or doing sports outdoors. Occasionally, I might also be talking to someone.
    4. I don't drink, smoke or eat meat. That's because, in order, it tastes terrible, it smells terrible, and I can't seem to forget what it used to be.
    5. I've about as much tact and subtlety as a sledgehammer to your shins.
    6. I don't particularly care much about anything.
    7. People I meet for the first time often think I'm bearish in some way or another. May be linked to point 1. Point 5 too, come to think of it.
    8. I never saved anyone's life, but have sent someone to the hospital with a sliding.
    9. I have a master's degree and have an interesting job.
    10. I like to go biking/running/swimming and just forget about everything in a blissful endorphine induced trance.

Scottish? I love the sound of it :p

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  19. Splunge

Media:
    No you don't. You love a good argument.

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1) I am 6'2" but only weigh 134lbs. (That's 9.5 st. to those of use who use normal measurements, or about 64Kg if you're a crazy european)
    2) I have just celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend (today actually). He's amazing and makes me very happy.
    3) I'm a Dispensing Optician, but I currently sell electrical goods because there's no work in my proper field.
    4) I drink a lot of red wine, but can't stand white.
    5) I DM D&D campaigns just to make people happy. I actually find it a little stressful, and spend the whole time wishing I was playing. Don't tell CJ.
    6) I drink tea white, but coffee black. Both with sugar.
    7) I have 2 cats, and they are complete polar opposites in every way. Except the obvious similarities that physically makes them cats.
    8) I am a pagan by way of life.
    9) I have refused to learn to drive all my life because I'm a hardcore eco warrior.
    10) I have never required medical treatment for anything in my life, illness, injury, not even a tooth filling.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.