1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 Facts About You...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you picked up the Scottish way of life too then this should be "just about all the time" :lol:

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I love Scotland but my liver is happy that I didn't stay there. ;)

Henkie and Ziad I think you may enjoy the Scottish Sobriety Test.

Ziad likes this.
  3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I do so love a good argument. Now stop arguing with me, Splunge, you know I am always right. :)

Boy, am I in trouble.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    You're the exception. ;)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank You, Chandos. :) Maybe it helps that I don't think I know it all because I am older. I know a lot but there are a few things I don't know. :D

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1. I have the 3rd most posts on the BoM.
    2. I am younger than Splunge.
    3. I am upstairs right now.
    4. My favourite sport is cricket.
    5. I live in New Zealand.
    6. I once lived in San Jose, California.
    7. I once lived in London, United Kingdom.
    8. I have no tattoos.
    9. I have run a marathon faster than Katie Holmes.
    10. I take no sugar in my coffee.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1: I'm 1,88m (6'2''), weighing about 82 kg (180 lbs).
    2: My electric citrus juicer is my most used kitchen accessory.
    3: I don't trust people who say they're Dutch, but can't swim, can't ride a bicycle or don't like cheese.
    4: I don't like dressing on salads, anything in my coffee and fake boobs.
    5: I often try to keep the peace when situations get ugly. Some friends call me Blauwhelm (Blue Helmet).
    6: Nothing can disappoint me more than a tasteless mandarin.
    7: I can't be mean, but I'm not as sweet as some people think...
    8: I like writing columns, blogs and short stories.
    9: I only dated 3 or 4 white girls in my life.
    0: I think I have 2 left hands, but I'm just insecure when it comes to solving technical stuff (esp electrics).

8. Nakia

Media:
    By Harbourboy
    Because you ask weird questions. :D

We joined at almost the same time and I don't even have half the posts you have. :)

By the way, where is the SPers Poll of Aging? Did you do one for 2009 while I was having my computer destroyed by a virus?

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nakia - I guess the age poll probably doesn't change much from year to year, although it feels like there might be less 15 year olds than there were a few years ago when Deathmage and 8people and Rotku and Aikanaro were young and irresponsible.

10. Nakia

Media:
    But HB, one of the ten things I love about you is your yearly poll on us aging folk. Showing how the Board is maturing and growing up. I long to know if there are anyother Seniors posting on the board. Splunge has reached his half century. :) Based on this thread I am the only person who is older than he is. Let's find out if that is true. :D Must I once again do your work for you. You do it so much better. Please.:rolling:

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

1. I'm visiting SP as a study avoidance tactic. I should be studying right now, not making my first post in 3.5 months.
    2. I believed Splunge looked like his avatar.
    3. I'm 1.80m/6' tall, which would be a respectable length in most places, but it makes me feel small living in The Netherlands.
    4. I once didn't drink for 5 years and can't really drink that much nowadays. I'm wasted after 5 beers.
    5. I keep my hair short (buzz cut) because I hate it not being exactly the way I want it.
    6. My favorite book and my favorite movie are both High Fidelity.
    7. I just bought three albums, not because I'm really familiar with the music on them, but because I like the cover art.
    8. I ate most of the Australian wild life (kangaroo, emu, crocodile, shark, barramundi, even camel... I know, not really Australian, but there are herds of them over there)
    9. I want to run a marathon some day, but I'm really out of shape.
    10. I'm Dutch, but I can't swim, I can't ride a bicycle and I don't like cheese.

Ah who am I kidding... I love to swim, ride my bicycle and eat cheese. Hey MoN :hello:

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah! Good for you! Or else I had to hurl you back to Australia and feed you to crocodile or a shark. Or to a kangaroo or camel, that would take longer, much to my delight. :p

Hey, you know, I'm about 8 cm taller than you and I feel small sometimes. I met a friend of mine in a pub who's 1.93. He was with 4 friends and they were all taller than he was (1.96 to 2.06) and broad-chested as well. These guys were huge! Man, it's weird to look up and to think that small people do that all the time. My neck hurt after that night.

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I saw a GIANT the other day! I only came up to his elbow! Mind you, I'm 5'2"

14. Caradhras

Media:
    Bah, the taller they are, the harder they fall. :)

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow! No more wildlife left in Australia. The Aussies must be really pissed at you. :p

16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    :D
    Seen it before, but still gave me another good laugh.

I agree. It always surprises me when people tell me they have no bike.
    Then again, since we have about as many bikes as people in the Netherlands, and I own four bikes, that must mean that there are three people that don't own a bike. Amazing.

Well, I'm 1.86 and that's about average for someone of my age. My best friend in middle school was 2.05 or so by the end of it, so I'm used looking up to people, but even so I was feeling pretty short by the end of my time at the university.

17. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Sorry dude, but I have to correct you there. ;) Two years ago there were 2,4 bikes to 1 Dutchie. That makes it the highest bike/person rate of the world. Second was China with 0,8. (Still 1,5 billion bikes or so!).

So if you have 4 bikes, there has to be someone who's missing 1,6 bike. He'd only have 0,8 bike, so I think it's a Chinese! :D

Yeah! It's like not having a PIN-card. You can live without it, but I wouldn't know how to do so.

18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Must be one of those exchange students that are so ubiquitous in Delft :D

Still, where do you get these numbers from? The only numbers I've been able to find suggest that only about 85% of the Dutch population has a bike. It seems highly unlikely to me that that 85% can compensate the 15% that has no bike and still come out at 2.4 bikes per capita. I've seen numbers saying that there's 1 bike per 0.9 person (love their way of specifying it), which is apparently still the highest in the world, but I've no idea of from when these numbers are. They seem more reasonable to me, though.

We're wandering a bit off-topic here, though, so to attempt to steer it back on-topic again...
    11. Me either.

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Okay, I'll bite! :)

1) I’ve been married for almost 9 years, and except for a couple of rough patches, I can honestly say, happily married.
    2) I have 2 boys, who will be ages 7 and 3 in July (yep, both have their birthdays in July)
    3) I’m extremely straight-laced (no illegal drugs, no wild parties, etc). Family man all the way.
    4) I LOOOOVE coffee in the morning, and will often drink way too much of it.
    5) I rarely drink alcohol, and the older I get, the less interested I am in drinking, though I used to drink plenty during my college years.
    6) I like clean teeth. I brush my teeth at least 4 – 5 times a day, at least. I also use plenty of mouthwash and floss daily.
    7) I work a lot. I always seem to end up working harder than most of the rest of my coworkers. This has resulted in many promotions and pay raises for me over the years, but also lots of sacrifice, stress, cancelled plans.... I need to learn to be more balanced in this regard.
    8) Were it not for my wife, I would probably be a raging, out of control online gaming addict. But because of my wife, and my desire to keep said marriage healthy, I do not play online games at all.
    9) I still indulge in playing single player PC games when I can find the time, mostly RPGs, and I still think Baldur’s Gate II is the greatest CRPG of all time.
    10) I’ve been coming to Sorcerers place since 2003, but I somehow mostly still feel like an outsider. There’s an awesome community here, but I guess I don’t particularly fit in with it (which seems to imply that I’m not awesome - ouch!).

I'm sure that this is more information than I've shared about myself here than I have in all my years on SP combined. Hopefully I haven't put too many of you to sleep with my post! :p

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Nothing wrong with feeling like an outsider. I know I do. Tonight the lone wolf rides alone. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.