1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 Facts About You...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Mystery Men! What? Isn't this the quote game? :p

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Just a way of saying that there is nothing wrong with being a lone wolf! :)

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    You know, I don't think I'll ever stop feeling rather new here, (almost a decade behind) but that's OK because, after all, one way or the other, at the end:

We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering. :p

Triactus likes this.
  4. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Definitely! :)

5. Triactus

Media:
    Ok, before I get whipped for being off topic (again) : I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

So... on topic... Hey Marceror! I've been here since '02, but I've only really started to post regularly last july. It's just a question of talking with people. We're all friendly and welcome everyone! So... you're a big teethbrusher, hun? I used to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day, but for the last couple of years, I often forget to brush.... :( (but I do always brush before leaving the house in the morning). And I floss once a year (after my annual visit to the dentist where they make you feel guilty. I start off with good intention but the habit gets bumped after a while...:))

Caradhras likes this.
  6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Erk?! :whoa:

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You are one of them?

8. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Marceror - do you have any single male friends who are just like you? Straight laced and all that? :D Just kidding!!

As far as feeling like an outsider - I've been lurking on this website, and the boards, since '99 but just finally became a member of the boards in March. I feel a bit like an outsider myself, even with my big mouth, but I can say that the one who counts himself as the "lone wolf" is one of those who I feel closest to on the boards and consider quite a good friend - Tri and Silvery are right behind him :). You're actually getting there too! Our back & forth on the list of things of how you know you play DAO too much was a big help :D (Which reminds me, I need to update more things on that list lol.)

9. Morgoth

Media:
    No, but I'm living 150 metres away from the TU library

10. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow, I’m not sure how to handle all the attention! I appreciate the nice comments.

It’s like I’ve been trying (in vain) to convince my wife for years, guys like me are rare and should be appreciated if you ever find one. :skeptic:

I guess the reality is, I’m something of a lone wolf in real life as well. Or it’s probably more accurate to say that I like to keep my “pack” small. I have many acquaintances and all that, but am only close to a very small number of people. My wife and boys are everything to me, and I would happily take a bullet for any of them. If I didn’t have them, I pretty much wouldn’t have a reason to continue breathing. So I guess the lone wolf thing here is rather appropriate.

Yeah, it’s a bummer that more people aren’t posting in your DAO list thread. I’m sure there are plenty of over the top things people are doing to support their darkspawn killing habits.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, with so many lone wolves around it kinda looks like a pack....

12. Caradhras

Media:
    Better a lone wolf than a merman! :p

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mermen get bigger tails though

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If the comment was "Mermen get more tail, though" I think there would be a change of opinion....

15. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You wouldn't happen to have played some game called Red Faction with some guy called Tepel years back, would you? Your nick combined with your living locale seems to have a faintly familiar ring to it.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    henkie, it would seem you're right. Mind you, I know nothing about a guy called Tepel (I hope he's Indian or so, and not Dutch). I was talking about the bicycles again. :D

Seems Holland's got about 18 million bikes or so. 1,12 per capita. I should swear I read 2,4 in a newspaper or so. Once again Im reminded that papers are just lies, propaganda and BrainSoap (and commercials of course).

Since I met Morgoth only once (he showed up at my BD-party. How cool's that!), I don't know him that well. Still, he strikes me more as a type that would rather speak to a chick called Tepel. He's lives in the wrong town, I guess. He's better go to Leiden or Nijmegen, I guess. :p

11. My favorite SP-forum is probably Sorcerous Sundries.

17. Triactus

Media:
    My favorite SP-Forum is the MUG! :bigeyes:

18. Morgoth

Media:
    Shall we do "another" Dutch SP meeting? :D

19. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Did somebody imply beer? :p

20. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dammit, I want to be dutch!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.