1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3.5 IRC campaign, looking for players!

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Cap'n CJ, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The town of Imber is on the very edge of “safe” territory in the human kingdom of Stier. It was established around 40 years ago as a mining town, and has been particularly successful. Despite the dangers of the area, the town is really quite busy. The mines are incredibly profitable, and as such, people have flocked to Imber to cash in.

Imber is situated in a temperate area, mainly grassland and rolling hills surround it, with the occasional river running between the hills, from the forests to the north, to the ocean to the south. To the West is the rest of the kingdom. News travels slowly across the kingdom, only arriving with the empty wagons used to take the precious minerals to the capital city of Stiervahl.

To the east of Imber lie the lawless barbarian lands. However, it’s not just wild men that inhabit them. Orcs, goblins, and other creatures lurk in the dark marshlands. There were clashes when Imber was established, around 40 years ago, but these have gradually died down over time. Aside from the occasional goblin attack, the town is relatively safe. Despite this, it maintains a fairly large guard presence.

Lately, there has been increasing tension in the town. About 10 years ago, the Eishel family that owned two of the most profitable mines in town was rocked by the extremely suspicious death of the head of the household, Adelbert. He was one of the founders of the town, and his death sent shockwaves through the family, and the remaining members left the town for Stiervahl. In the last couple of weeks, the eldest son of Adelbert, a young man named Viseri returned to the town to reclaim his familys mines.
    This has caused uproar as within the 10 year gap, all the mines that had been controlled by old families had become essentially “property of the town”. Viseri’s claims have caused several other families to consider demanding their mines back, and the poorer folk of the town, the miners, are caught in the middle.

On top of this, there are rumors of strange goings on in the mines. The miners are fairly superstitious at the best of times, but even so, it’s rare to see them like this.

The players will start in Imber. Just about all classes are acceptable, as are most races. The town is a fairly diverse place due to the wealth brought into the town by the mining trade. This, combined with the dangers of a town so close to the wildlands, makes it appealing for adventurers of all sorts.

Starting level is 1. If you want an obscure race/class/feat/spell, please clear it with me first. This is ESPECIALLY important with races and classes. I’m willing to allow most things, but I’d like some advance warning and a chance to veto.

That’s about it, I think.

2. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    Time of the IRC game? What do you have in mind?

Truth be told, playing an IRC game from 4 in the morning had taken its toll on me. So I can only join if the time slot is nice. :)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Stibbity stabbity! I am honourable knight! Hear me roar!

[​IMG]

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    To be honest, it'd probably be a similar time, only on a different day. Possibly Thursday.

5. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    That means my Friday. Okay... I'm not so keen now... Have fun without me guys. :(

6. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Another player is expressing an interest, probably going to play a barbarian.

7. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    New char required, Uri.

9. Urithrand

Media:
    I will probably play a Sorc. Will you be around tomorrow night (Sunday) say around 10ish?

Or perhaps a Spirit Shaman... Complete Divine I believe? I'd need to look up the source book to be sure.

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Sorc is definately fine.

Spirit Shaman I don't know that well, but from what I remember of them, they're fine too :) I think it's either Complete Divine or PHB2, i'll have a read of them soon.

Also, i'm out all tomorrow (At D&D, no less), and i'm not sure when i'll be back. I'll hop into #sp_mm when I arrive though.

11. Urithrand

Media:
    Sure thing, I'll likely be up late playing Morrowind so I'll stay on MSN while I play. I'll look up a pdf of spirit shaman, I have a few ideas about a character concept for one that I really like.

12. Urithrand

Media:
    What alignment are we playing? I'm thinking of going CG but obviously party alignment needs to be close to a match for it to work...

Also, I've changed direction a bit and rolled up an Arctic Gnome Wizard if that's alright. I rolled with proper dice, but due to the nature of the extremely lucky rolls I got, you may want me to reroll in #sp_mm (though I sincerely hope not :))

13. Urithrand

Media:
    Anyone who wants to social with their new characters, I'll be around tonight from about 9.30 and up for it. Are there any players other than myself and 8people at the moment?

14. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Just the two of you (you can make it if you try!) for the moment.

15. Urithrand

Media:
  16. Slayah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can probably play. I'd want Archivist, Cloistered Cleric with some variant rules yet unchosen, or a heavily varianted Drood.

17. Mechazawa Gems: 1/31

Hi, it's MZ from #Giantitp. I'd play. I'll do the roguelike and play the Scout class. I'd be interested in playing in your game, for sure.

18. Urithrand

Media:
    Could this possibly mean that not only do we have a party of 4, but it's a perfect set of the classic collection of arcanist, priest, warrior and sneak? :D

19. Slayah Gems: 1/31

I totally didn't plan it this way. Yup. Of course not. No sir.

20. Mechazawa Gems: 1/31

Rogue

Alright, I'll get started on my build. May I take disable device as a class skill to be more of an adept roguelike?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.