1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3e rules?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Does anyone know which rule set this game will be using. I kind of hope it will use the 3e AD&D rules. I think they give you much more freedom for customization of charachters.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The game will use 3rd edition DnD, and Troika have said that the implementation will be the best one thus far.

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Cool, sounds like fun I can't wait to play it. But to be honest with you I'm a bit behind. I haven't even beaten IWD2 yet. And ToEE is going to come out pretty soon. I have actually been playing games alot less since I became a member here at sorcerers place. It's like a new addiction.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

ToEE will not "be out pretty soon". Remember that we haven't even seen a single screenshot from the game yet.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The policy with the Screenshots is in hands of Infogrames (game publisher).

Tim Cain from Troika said that certain parts of the game can already be played.
    However, if screenshots were available now, what would they put on the net next month? More screenshots? And then more and more? Hmmm, I don't like the idea to check all thousands of screenshots from one single game.

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As far as Troika's claim to being the best 3E implementation ever ...

If they were only aware of P of R at the time, that would be a very easy claim to make and fulfill.

Where IWD2 is concerned, that may be a tall order to fill. I liked IWD2, and while there are some valid complaints against it (e.g. too linear), you have to admit that they did a wonderful job on the 3E implementation.

If Troika can do them one better, than I'm all for seeing it for myself!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, if they implement 3.5e rules that will automatically make their implementation better than the old 3e, no matter bad their implementation is. :D

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

True Tal, but IIRC Tim Cain said that "3.5e rules - yes or no" is undetermined yet.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That isn't a joke?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, it's not a joke. Seriously.

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to admit, I actually like the 3e rules. (Though I'll miss being able to create a kick-*** elf fighter/mage that can slaughter everyting in sight).

What major changes does 3.5e bring in that will make it such an improvement over 3e?

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No grave improvements, obviously, otherwise they'd call it 4e, not 3.5. But general revision of everything and tweaks in most places for better play.

13. DrattedTin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Regarding screenshots, Tim has said they have TONS of screenshots, but Infogrames has yet to release any.

As for the state of the game, he did say in an interview that you can play through the majority of the game and have fun, so it's definitely not in early beta, from the sounds of it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.