1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A cheat for Pool of Radiance RoMD and a ?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by maalri, Nov 7, 2005.

1. maalri Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Since Pool RoMD has no Forum, and I realise it is an older, not too well liked game, I thought I'd pass an unmentioned "loophole" that I discovered myself on the game. I haven't seen it posted on any website yet, so here goes...Apparently (have done this multiple times) you can give you characters as many HP as you want after getting Klusaars Amulet relatively early in the game. To do this, simply use the Vampiric Touch feature (works best if enemy is held or paralized) and while enhanced by HP, remove and reequip Klusaars Amulet. The amulet affects CON and should lower and raise HPs when doing this, but while under the VT spell it just keeps raising and raising. This is a permanent increase that lasts after resting and saving! A tip though, only add a few (20-70) HP to your characters unless you want the rest of the game to be ridiculously easy. Klusaar's has 6 charges, conveniently enough for each character to use once. Also I believe this also works with the VT touch spell with Klusaar's even if the Amulet has 0 charges. It also seems to work if you have other Amulets that lower Con and use a VT spell or effect (such as the one from Woundwulf a LS later in the game). Now a question... has anyone run into the problem of the Word of Redemption not working at the end of the game? Pelendralaar just jumps right into a fight with me, and I never get to fight Kya, even though when I beat Big Lizzie, I still "win the game, but there may still be some quests left unfinished"-- Yeah like Kya's! Aggravation abounds! 120 game hours not to finish completely is annoying, can anyone help? Thanks!

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Considering that we do have a forum for this game, this thread will be relocated there.

3. Alqualome Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The glitch you mention regarding the Vampiric Touch Spell and Klusaar's Amulet works either spell you use for temporarily bringing up your HP. I stumbled on it the first time I used the Aid spell - and I only did because I was curious to see all the animations of the spells I hadn't cast yet. And in my case it was Onglore's Amulet of War to reveal the cheat.
    Therefore, you just need something that boosts your fake hp even temporarily (Vampiric Touch = Aid) and something that switches your COS bonus (in my case Oglore's, in yours Klusaar's Amulet).

I reckon it deals with the fact that, as you take off and put back on your magick item adding COS points, the working of hps get screwed up as it wasn't properly scripted on the true "base" value.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.