1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A comprehensive link-list of ALL IWD2 mods

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by coineineagh, Jun 7, 2008.

1. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ease of use is an old mod, developed by Westley Weimer himself with one of his earliers versions of the WeiDU installer. It's worth installing, but you need to do so carefully. If you don't update the WeiDU installer beforehand, I've experienced that it messes with your installations. Hence the reason why I added the line "IMPORTANT: update your WeiDU installer for this mod, it's old... and DON'T install Randomized Treasure component!" The links are in the first post on this thread. Better yet, you can download and read instructions I included in my IWD2_4dummies, link also in the 1st post.

Mods are somewhat user friendly, but still need a bit of focus to get it done right. It's not like a game, where you payed, and can expect it to go Accept, Next, Next, Install, Run.

sansserif likes this.
  2. sansserif Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi
    The installation itself has no issues, it could be either the order of installation. I reinstalled in this order:
    1. Ease
    2. NPC
    3. Tweaks
    (I tried to update the setup.exe with Weidu.exe but the version failed to install--could not enter anything into the MS DOS prompt. However, installing NPC later caused the Weidu to auto update, got a sentence stating weidu was updated from ver 130 to latest edition, 22130 I believe.)

Is the order correct? :p

On a side note, it could be due to the NPCs are to be brought as a full party, I encountered the error while trying to solo with 1 of the NPCs, a duo party. In this case, the NPCs may not be suited to soloing/duo-ing or powergaming.

Problem resolved- all mods working fine with full party. reason for errors could be due to absence of scenery banters due to only having 1 of the 5 npcs in party. Ease mod auto updated itself when I installed Npc and tweak.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  3. sansserif Gems: 1/31

cant get IWG2 to run

Dear Coin
    I have the delta version of Iwg2 installed, and it crashes when I get to Loading Area of Irenicus' Dungeon. I dont have mods installed other than Baldurdash. Im currently using a netbook with win 7 starter, but i have managed to finish iwd2 with some lag, so i dont think the absence of graphics adapter a problem. both disc images were running and edited the gamepath in config file.

4. coineineagh

Media:
    I had similar lag issues, where the pause button wasn't quite as responsive as I'd have wanted.
    Crash problems are probably due to not following install instructions to the letter.

At the time, I had tried Nameless One's delta version, but I noticed Chinese characters, and missing item descriptions. I've used Weimer's original beta since then, although Nameless One has reportedly updated his delta in the meantime. If you want to follow a detail install path, I described it in my IWD2_4dummies, but it applies for the beta of Icewind Gate II, not the delta version.

Another said at some point that the delta was playable, with less bugs than the beta, but I haven't tried it myself. If you *must* use the delta, I can't offer any useful advice.

5. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

I liked the Delta, I played it through. I found it hard to replicate all of the BG2 functions in the rather more limited IWD2 engine.
    I did a blog/thread on my experiences, "Icewind Gate - Delta Version", it is found in this forum:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55387
    Loading area problem? It could be coming from a party that has more than four PCs, the last two slots are emptied by the game when you get to Chez Irenicus.

6. sansserif Gems: 1/31

coin: issues solved when i edited program settings to run in compatibility mode for xp sp3.
    however, i still cant get why the quest xp and monster xp is horribly low. the screenshots on weimer's page show the party getting 9500 xp for the dryad quest, which is the original amount of exp from bg2. Each mephit only granted about 75 exp. 150xp instead of 3000 when minsc and jaheira join. Any way I can remedy this to get the original amount of exp from Bg2?

7. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

Yes, the xp awards are low, but then so is the amount of additional xp needed to gain a new level. To gain level L you need 1,000 (L - 1) additional xp. For example, to gain level 20, when you are level 19, you only need 19,000 additional xp. If you used the original BG2 xp awards you could hit level 20 in Chez Irenicus.
    Formula for xp is quadratic: 1,000 (L^2 - L)/2 = 500(L^2 - L). Hence the first difference will be linear: 1,000 (L - 1).

8. sansserif Gems: 1/31

Hi,
    What is the approx level I can hit in Chez I if i start at level 4?

9. coineineagh

Media:
    I just read up on the issues you reported in the thread last year:o, and I can confirm that much of the same problems appear in the beta too, including that Lady Yuth thing. I tried everything to unfear her, but just decided to ignore it in the end. I don't think I even mentioned it in my walkthrough of IG2. I focused on the 'gamebreaking' events, that hampered your progression in the story.

I looked up an old e-mail I got from the delta designer:
    Most of, perhaps all, of what he did, was create a different installer method for Weimer's beta. The delta can be uninstalled.
    Personally, I'm very careful. So I prefer to completely reinstall after a mistake in the installation is made, rather than trust an uninstaller.
    Actually, since my main problems were with getting ID2 mods to run with IG2, it wasn't such a biggie: ID2 mods can be uninstalled regardless of IG2, but almost any change will make IG2 crash. The gimmick I discovered: If you simply rerun ID2 beta, it will install again as new! Why did it even need an uninstaller? The BG2 pre-installation is the most difficult part, really.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make: If the content is unchanged, just a different installer with an uninstall option, is that worth suffering those chapter change issues, messed up journal, chinese symbols, loss of item and spell descriptions, etc?
    I'd argue that the beta is still better than the delta.

Ishad Nha said that the game is 'mostly playable', but the beta was mostly playable too, although a lot of areas for Throne of Bhaal were missing. If there really are big differences, perhaps you can give specifics?
    For example, here's my findings on IG2beta. Is it different from your experience?

10. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

"Ishad Nha said that the game is 'mostly playable', but the beta was mostly playable too, although a lot of areas for Throne of Bhaal were missing. If there really are big differences, perhaps you can give specifics?
    For example, here's my findings on IG2beta. Is it different from your experience?"

Yes, very much different, you can read some of my comments at
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/182/index/7672165/2
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/182/index/7672165/3
    There were problems but it was playable. Especially with a few running repairs.

Nameless One we can't resurrect.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55387
    Post #5, Coin mentioned a "Tal Rasha", could he be contacted?

11. coineineagh

Media:
    You could do the illithid cave in the Underdark, and you've done chapters of Throne of bhaal that were mostly inaccessible to me with the beta. So it's clear that the delta has improvements in the content. It's just unfortunate that there are text display bugs when I tried to install it.

If you could try to make the game more accessible, like with a walkthrough + install instructions, like I tried with Weimer's beta, then many more players can benefit.

I still have his hotmail address from the 4-year old e-mails. I'll send it to you via PM.

Be respectful when you ask questions, because I gave his mail without permission. If he doesn't want anything to do with his old delta anymore, he'll probably not answer you. Perhaps he can help with the coding mysteries: Weimer was quite the genius to develop the initial conversion, so Wu Min will also be quite knowledgeable if he could understand what Weimer did.

12. sansserif Gems: 1/31

Golems in Chez I didnt give any exp, though they did in the delta version. and they didnt go hostile..(beta ver) however, i liked the dialogue options in the beta more than in the delta. reached the promenade..

13. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

Yesterday I sent an email to Nameless One. I will see if I get a reply, not too sure I will. He may have moved on to other things.

14. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

there are some mods in dc
    http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

maybe they can be added in the first post? :)

i loved monks and with the improved monk fists (changes/improves nearly everything that is typical or fun about a monk) they can be played as monks and not just one level for speed and improved evasion. (imho)

15. coineineagh

Media:
    Done

16. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

that was fast! thanks :)

17. coineineagh

Media:
    You're welcome. Maybe you can answer the question I had about Monk's freedom of movement, which I asked in the thread:

18. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

see DC (sorry, had a longer explanation some time ago but my connection died before posting. and then i thought v4.5 would clear things up)

19. dkouts57 Gems: 1/31

I downloaded the mods.
    installed them unzipped them and put them in the override file of the game

nothing is working for me. All I want is the lvl 40 cap mod to work.

can anyone help this idiot??

20. coineineagh

Media:
    You should install the contents of a zipfile into the main game folder, not override, unless the zip's readme specifically instructs you to do so.

Weidu installers have an executable: setup-[modname].exe
    which you should then run to install it into the game. Level 40 rules tweak is different, in that it edits the ID2.exe main game launcher. The readme should provide details.
    For install order of multiple mods, I'd direct you to IWD2_4dummies, linked in the first post, which will explain it in detail.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.