1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A demon race...!?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Have you ever thought of the demon race being implemented into Baldur's Gate 3? Now that's one race that should definitely have an alignment restriction to evil. Didn't they have demons in some of the really old text based games in the 80's or whatever... I just think it would be cool as an option; or perhaps to have a demon NPC that you meet at some point in the game. Such An NPC could be bound to you something like Sarevok in Throne of Bhaal maybe. That would be one good way to spice up Baldur's Gate III if you ask me! :) What do you all think?

2. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A personal slave demon would be awsome!

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Yes, indeed. Someone should notify the producers...lol!

4. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

But there's different "species" in demonkind and they dont like each other awfully much. Still.. it WOULD be really cool..

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This would actually be pretty cool i think. Like A sidequest through which you would learn the demon's true name (effectively binding him to you). Maybe a Succubus.. or even cooler (imo) a Gorgon like Medusa. (Note: Medusa is the Gorgon's name, NOT the species as that oaf that wrote the horrible Lady of Poison erroneously mentioned :p )

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Tieflings are a half demon race.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I thought Tieflings were descendants of some evil thing, rather than half demon?

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Tieflings have demon blood, normally because of a mating between a demon and a human(oid) normally only one generation before, i.e annah in PST. So if a tiefling mated with a normal human then any offspring would only be quarter demons and so on.

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Lazy Bonzo: Not to be picky, but Tieflings have demon blood from many generations ago. Those from only one generation back are the half-fiends.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I'm inclined to agree with Ziad's assessment :)

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Half-breeds are still called Tieflings. Quarter-breeds, octi-breeds and so forth are also Tieflings. The further you go the less dominant the traits are yet they would enable sorcerers and mind-mages for races that wouldn't normally be capable of those abilities (i.e. humans).

12. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wasn't Haer"DAelis half of something in BGII. On the demon race thing, I think it would be pretty cool to have a sub-quest involving a demon. Bound to you or not. Having one as an actual character race-
    1> would have to be evil
    2> problem is, demons only reason on the prime plane is to kill, destroy, maim, and chaos.
    3> if you were to play to what a true demon does, you'd just wanna kill everything you saw.
    --Don't get me wrong though, I still think it would be killer if they could work it out

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31

A demon's first goal is the goal of its summoner if the demon is properly bound. After that it seeks to kill and maim whatever it can find. However either would be pointless since you would start at such a high level, have no need for equipment and couldn't really advance at all.

Demons don't make good PCs.

14. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Great points Abomination, your level on the Mage would have to be insane to control a demon. I did not even think about that.

15. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

I'd have to agree with Abomination and Tiberius. Not to sound close-minded or anything, but I say stick to the basics. Don't go creating the uper stuff until your done with the simple stuff. Lets see horses for example. Or class/race specific dialogues, quests and lots of them. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be awesome to see a demon class, but make sure you've got everything else there first.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Not necessarily I think. As long as you cast the summoning and binding correctly and have all the right spellstuff it should be okay. Chance of being betrayed notwithstanding of course (Shadow's Witness -> The Righteous Man). Ah, and you should also hope that the dmon doesn't have an antimagic stone or whatever (Errtu).

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

I think there should be the proper summoning circle in the game to control a demon and that you need a brazier to summon it etc. Those components would be way more fun than just summoning a Balor whenever you want.

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Anyone can summon a demon if they know the demon's name and the incantation. It is controling creatures from other planes such as the astral plane and limbo that requires mental concentration.

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

What I mean is you should be able to make a summoning circle and be able to order them to do things.

20. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Abomination: Summon? Yes. Stop from ripping one's head off? No.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.