1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A little stuck in BG city...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by lilith21, Dec 10, 2015.

1. lilith21 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hello again. I can't find the entrance to the undercellars for the invitation to Eltan's party. I pretty much searched the sewers; I guess I must have missed something. Could someone tell me where it is or point me toward what I have to do next? I got out of prison with Neb and I killed crythndia on the top floor of the iron throne tower and got Sarevok's diary along with 3 notes but since then I've been lost. Just now someone killed a commoner and my reputation went to 10 so I need some help fast...thanks in advance.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's a few different ways to get to the undercellars, the most simple one is simply taveling to the NE district of baldur's gate and entering the Blushing Mermaid tavern.
    Once inside, take the stairs down on the left side and you'll be in the undercellar, the guard at the entrance will charge you 10 gp to enter though.

If you want to enter through the sewers (maybe because the flaming fist are still searching for you) that's also possible there are a few possible exits this way - one is to go to the sewer map underneath the East district of baldurs gate, then take the middle-most tunnel leading to the left side of the map, past where the ogre-mage with the carrion crawlers was (or is, if you have not defeated him yet.)
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar0226.htm

Another entrance is in the sewers underneath the central district of baldur's gate - this time take the southern-most tunnel that veers of to the west of the map.
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar0225.htm

The last entrance is in the sewers underneath the west district, take the northmost tunnel that veers off to the southwest.
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar0224.htm

links lead to the dudleyville walkthrough, which shows the area maps with annotations on which exits lead where if you need them.

3. lilith21 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks alot

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Media:
    I'd highly recommend you download Dan Simpson's guide from either here or GameFAQs.com. It reveals a lot of these locations for you and is in the form of a nice text file that you can display on even the oldest computers without relying on an internet connection. Heck, when I first got Baldur's Gate, I used to display it on my Apple IIGS.

Don't get me wrong, we don't mind you asking for help like this, but the answer to both this and your earlier question were in the guide, so it's usually a good idea to check out GameFAQs.com before resorting to posting.

I know I've asked questions about the locations of things here, but usually it isn't covered in the guide or not easy to search for because the keywords are too general.

A rule of thumb I've developed over the last 20 years when using GameFAQs is to check out the three biggest FAQs for the game in question, and if they don't have the answer, then post.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Walkthroughs and guides have an unfortunate downside on making you easily dependent on them. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for help, even if there is an obvious answer.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    True enough, I try very hard not to use one the first time through a game. I beat both Baldur's Gates and both Icewind Dales without a guide. However, if I get really stuck on a game, usually with something stupid like what you posted about (no offense, I'm more criticizing myself) I will look for a guide when my frustration has peaked, find that one bit I need, then put the guide away.

After I beat the game the first time, I then like to go back and look through the guide, and go for what TVtropes calls "100% completion" where I find all the hidden secrets I missed.

I usually find lots of stuff that make the game MUCH easier the second time through, even discarding meta knowledge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.