1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A question about Imoen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hard Blunt Stone of Fury, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ok i can't remember if you can or not but when i save Imoen can i tell her to go somewhere or do I have to take her? I plan on getting rid of Yoshimo for a better Warrior (Anomen will take Yoshi's spot if i can tell Imoen to go somewheres so i can pick her up.)

If I can't do that can I move to area in the slums or somewheres near there then ditch Imoen then move back to the place I found Imoen without messing anything up?

2. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oops. Edit: I misread your question. And I cannot delete my post but my answer was wrong.

You want to dump Yoshi before going after Imoen. Meaning you will have a full party and Imoen to take once you rescue her. I THINK that you can let Imoen make her own way home then meet her later at the Copper Coronet, after returning, but I have never done that.

3. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

OK I'll try that. I won't worry about my team until i get back to that big city place whose name I can't spell.

*EDIT* Is it just me or did your post like go blank?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yeah, just ditch her and she'll automatically head to the CC (Spellhold or after). Tell her to find her own way out of Spellhold, and when you get back to Athkatla she'll be standing around with Yoshi and the others. She's a big girl, so you don't need to worry about her. :D

5. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

OK thanks. Yoshimo is going poof now. I know Imoen is a big girl but she says she's a little younger then my PC in BG1 so she might get lost even though she's a smart mage/thief

Thank you!

6. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't know where these guys are coming from, but you are in fact well advised to take Yoshimo with you to Spellhold. Don't worry about party size restrictions when you meet up with Imoen again, the matter will resolve itself and you won't have to be a big meanie and send her to find her way out of the labyrinth and off the pirate island without you.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@jcompton - After doing it once, why not experiment? And that makes me a big meanie. :p

As others said, Imoen will find her own way out and you can pick her up at the CC later on. She will be missing out on a ton of XP if you do that.

8. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

And it also sounds like HBSF plans on never having Imoen in the party. Probably his character is a thief so he does not need another one.

9. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

Yeah I don't plan on taking Imoen. Yes My character's a Thief. I have Nalia doing Wizardry instead.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^But... but Immy is your only childhood friend, you grew up together, don't you remember the happy old times when both of you tried climbing highest trees or sneaking around to steal some baked pie from the kitchen of Candlekeep? (well, since you are a thief too, I assume you paractised some of your 'art' together?) In Spellhold, you will also learn that Immy is indeed even more closer than this, and important to the game plot! So I highly recommend you to take her instead of Nally!

11. Cold_Hawaiian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't, take Nalia if you just going for the mage side. Her ring makes her better then Imoen (AC bonus of 2, +1 saving throws, 50% fire resistance) plus she has more strength therefore can lug around more, while Imoen struggles along trying to hold all your junk. Plus, unless you have a bottomless scrollcase, Nalia will have accumilated most of your spells while she was with you, therefore can cast better ones. I am still a firm believer that Nalia > Imoen mage wise.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Silverstar - I remember Imoen getting me caught while *she* stole shiny things, (silly me as her lookout) ditching her studies, (and claiming I did the same) and generally making a nusince of herself in *my* life. She may have been my only friend in Candlekeep, but after she told Ajantis I had a crush on him... :eek: Nevermind.

If the PC is thief type, I wouldn't take Immy. Nalia is just fine as your mage and if you don't mind loading up on potions, she can be your thief, too.

13. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

I know Imoen is my si...*ahem* I better not spoil anything for people that are knew. Plus Imoen doesn't have a Mage paperdoll now does she? No she doesn't. Also I always use Imoen and this time through I'm using characters I never used before (Jahiera and Viconia stays because they rock)

Now for another question but this one is a little off topic.

Who should take that 6th spot? Korgan, Jahiera and the PC (yes i use Swashbucklers for melee too) can handle the front. Jahiera and Viconia handles the healing and buffing. Nalia handles wizardry. Now I'm not sure who should take that last spot. Sugestions please.

14. Felinoid

I have three suggestions: Jan, Minsc, and Boo. :grin: Okay, so that's really just two, but it might help if you gave us a list of people you haven't tried before.

15. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I may have misunderstood, but in your post it sounds like you already have six people. :) So if you're happy with that you can go with it. The game only encourages you to take Imoen (no, it doesn't "force" you - if it did it would automatically make her join your party and her portrait wouldn't come up in the "Reform Party" menu), so you can do whatever you want.

16. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

Ok here's a list-

Minsc & Boo
    Edwin
    Aerie
    Imoen
    Yoshimo (well until Imoen replaced him)

That's all. I didn't include Jahiera and Viconia because they MUST stay in my party. Don't think i only beat BG2 once! I beat BG2 lots of times but for some reason I always end up using the same party members over again (it's almost like my destiny to use them)

Yes I do have 6 people but Yoshimo is being replaced because I can just send Imoen to the CC

17. Felinoid

:whoa: If you haven't tried Jan, you absolutely have to. He's hilarious, and your party's pretty balanced already, so it doesn't matter who you stick in.

18. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

Ok I'll take Jan! :) I suppose Nalia could use some Wizardry support and my character may be able to make use of another thief. Jan is joining. Thankyou All for your help when I was wondering about Imoen and Wondering Who To Take.

19. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I agree with Felinoid, Jan is definitely worth trying even if just to see what all the fuss is about. :)

20. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I have Jan now, and I'm always clicking on him just to get to his "*burp*, pardon, turnip reflex" comment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.