1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Another great thing... the Lead Admin is elected. McJoker. He's also the HDM of DaggerDale succeding Memneth.
    Its only a matter of time now, before the whole Admin council is assembled. And, as Rotku surely knows ;) the Beta servers will finaly be able to go Live then.

@drowling
    Thats the main page above by Harbourboy. I do advise you to take a look at the community forums .
    Even better though, join the chat. That's the quickest way to get to know ALFA. (server: irc.daxnet.no channel: alfa).

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm down and out atm guys.

new installation onto the PC has eaten my NWN, I've managed to rescue my .haks, but NWN still isn't playing well, not sure whats up with the whole thing, but hopefully I'll be able to fix it over the weekend.

*snivels* Poor Trissy, missing everything.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

It should only be a matter of days now until The Pirate Isles go Live! Yay!
    And to top things off we have a new DM, Akivaria the old Player rep, has joined us!

4. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

I have the perfect character for TPI, but I'm gonna have to play Trissy through for the while. Bah, once my PC feels agreeable enough to let me at least.

5. Gothmog

@Frosty
    -format c:
    -install win
    -install NwN+Sou+HotU+hakpacks
    ;)

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Ah. well, I don't install into c:, takes up too much room. With the harddrive expansion, I have my own 20Gb. Which i re-installed NWN+all exp. packs into.

I think something might've been knocked when the hard drive was being installed, because NWN ran funny before I re-installed it into my own hard drive space (drive H, under the name of Alice()which is my name:p)). The mouse is always flickering, and when I load/start a new game, it's slow and jumpy. It's not just my agme too, all of my sisters Sims games run with the flickery mouse and laggy graphics too.

7. Gothmog

I really doubt the cause is hard-drive. I'd sooner say software, most likey graphical drivers.
    Could be wrong though :heh:

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

For those of you who can make it we are having yet another "Goodbye Beta" session, and combining it with a "Welcome new ADM" session tomorrow. More info is posted on the ALFA forum.

9. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Gah, damnit, only a matter of hours till I can get my PC back in line

:/

@Gothmog, I figure it might be the graphics card, perhaps I'll force my Dad to download a better graphics driver...

edit/ w00p! Fixed, now I just need to fiddle my version, and I'll be back in time for the TPI Beta run.

My CE Wiz is close to level 2, I can't wait till the action starts in 2 hours :evil:

[ February 28, 2004, 19:07: Message edited by: Frostbite ]

10. Gothmog

I belive DMs can play on Beta :)

I'm gonna be there today... playing! :D
    Wreaking havoc for you Ruler Of The Known Uni... Pirate Isles :eek:

//ehm... Frost are you sure decoded the time into our zone properly? :1eye:
    It's empty right now.
    aah, you edited it at 19.00

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Bah, I'm having problems down dating :/

12. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just sent in my ALFA application. Hope I get accepted, since the character bio it requires of one to write could probably pass off for a short story. :rolleyes:

13. Rotku

And if you don't get in, which is very common, we'll all know that you'll try again and again!
    Good luck!

Rotku DMed on WD for a bit last night! It was so good to be back there! That was the only place I could ever get a character off 1st level.

[Edit] For all you ALFA members, and those of you who know something about it go vote! http://nwvault.ign.com/index2.shtml [/Edit]

[ March 03, 2004, 03:10: Message edited by: Rotku ]

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hey, don't worry, I had to reapply three times before they let me, the vagrant, in.

*goes off to make his -sixth- character*

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My first application didn't get in, and my second didn't either. How about some general tips on the last four questions? :rolleyes: :holy:

16. Rotku

And the last 4 questions would be?

My advise for any one is keep retrying. If you are persistant enough they will eventually let you in.

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Would it be possible for anyone in the UK to burn the haks onto a CD and send them to me? I asked one of the people on the Alfa boards, but he wanted to start a chain letter thing, and the person he sent the CD to is ignoring me. Thanks.

18. Rotku

Post a thread about it in the ALFA forum, I'm sure they had some complex system developed. Other that that I think that Frosty is the only UK ALFA player here, although I could be wrong.

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Not sure if I could though, the .haks take up a hell of a lot of space, before I needed the HotU haks I put all the original+SoU ones onto CD and it took up 3, so I'm not sure if my parents would let me, If I can find my old 3 CD's with the original +SoU related .haks I'll see if I can mail them to you, *shrugs* Where abouts are you from? Just so I can get a rough idea of distance.

20. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

North East of Scotland (aberdeenshire), so probably a fair distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.