1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Aps April 1st

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] PS - Maybe BTA might want to setup a new topic for the RPing bit. That way we can keep it apart from everything else. Just a thought.

2. Erran Gems: 19/31

OK Voltric, not bad. Couple of minor points. I didn't make it very clear, the Bargewright is actualy 3 days by wagon North of Waterdeep rather than in it. And what's a worm drink? A drink made from worms or a drink with a worm in it (like Tequila?)
    Some people round here are pickey about spelling (glares at Darien) :)

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Be kind to my spelling! I guess that one got by the mighty spell check. Next time I'll call it pipping hot.

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sheesh! ;)

*officially changes her name to Vandriel Spellcheck*

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Lol Voltric & Vandriel :D
    Thought you might like to know, AORTA has beeen granted official status as one of the authorised guilds of ALFA, and we should appear on the list when it's published later in the month.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] It's good to know we have been accepted by the powers that be! Do players need to do anything to offically 'join' the guild? Does ALFA keep track of who is in the guild? Do we need to register or is membership totally controlled by us? Just wondering...

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] OK Voltric, here goes:
    Do you have to anything special? Yes. Sometime in the next 4 months I would like you to roleplay your introduction to the guild. Tal will be introducing something soon to make this easier. Watch this space!
    As for your other questions, I don't think ALFA will be keeping a check since we'll probably keep dying and the next character we chose might be incompatible with your previous guild.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited April 04, 2001).]

8. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] just thought I'd let you all know that I am now a member of ALFA and damn proud I am to!

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

YAY!!! *cheers for Duskai* Welcome aboard! :D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Congratulations Duskai! :)

Interesting... Do you think the gods of ALFA are trying to get more females in the ranks? Of all the people I know here who applied recently you two ladies are the only ones accepted so far...

Or maybe you ladies are far better at story writing than we foolish men are! ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 05, 2001).]

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yeah, well done Darien & Duskai!
    *Opens bottle of champagne*
    From the NWN board, there are lots of guys getting in too, so don't give up.
    AORTA's up to 12 at last count. I am turning some applicants down if I don't think they'll fit.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Good luck to everyone who made it! I just read a post on Skullport that all the apps have been reviewed; looks like I won't be joining in on the fun...

13. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Try re-submitting your application, Blackthorne. With all the apps they have flowing in maybe yours just got missed. You never know and at any rate it cant hurt.

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yes, Don says hs's up to date with the player apps so if you haven't heard that's prolly not good news.
    Don't despair! It's like the driving test, only 20% - 25% get through first time. Try again, show 'em you're serious.

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Please welcome our newest recruits:
    Aryn the Mad (mage), Kyrian Geldrin (fighter), Raven (elven paladin and undead slayer) and Elanor our first Druid-(ess). Yeah!
    BTW, though the last two are female, they are played by guys.

I make that 14! Nearly 50:50 male:female chrs
    and 3 female players. We're also pretty cosmopolitan with players from Norway to California

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited April 09, 2001).]

16. Raven - Undead Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

acctually I am not sure about the Paladin part. Working that one out currently. So as it stands right now she will not be a paladin, but before the game starts I will make my final choice

17. Penlal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hello All AORTAites!
    Just to give you guys the heads up. I just applied to ALFA and I am planning to apply to AORTA as soon as the ALFA app goes through. I've been reading through your posts and you seem like you guys have your stuff together. If you need references, you can talk to my bud Voltric. He's know me for quite some time. Talk to you all soon!
    -Penlal

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Sure hope your a rogue, Duskais getting awful lonely scouting out there alone

19. Voltric Gems: 19/31

I think Penlal was approved by ALFA as a fighter/Sorcerer. We also have another friend who is in ALFA as a Bard/Barbarian. I think both will be asset to the guild.

20. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Voltric, line 'em up! A bard/barbarian? Cool! Ask them to forward their info to Erran. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited April 10, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.