1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA -Beta! Gamma?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Alfa is planning to go live on Sept 1st with a full scale Beta test. Expect the Phlan sever to be a part of that. Post here if you want to take part.

2. Voersaa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm there. Sounds like Phlan has become quite the number one ALFA server.

3. Catadromous Gems: 1/31

I'd love to take part. Thanks to our DM crew for all their work. Cant wait.

4. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Definately, count me in.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Of course! How could anyone resist?

6. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Count me in as well.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I would, but I have a very important exam the next day. Damn! :(

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] What time is this scheduled for? I will not be around until late in the day, so I'll jump in around 9 or 10 EST, if things are still going then. Just send us more details as the date gets closer. Thanks.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Count me in.

Erran, can you design party hats for all our characters to wear??? Just to add a festive touch to the event ;) :good:

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'd like to have a look. Actually I'm pretty curious to try out the halfling rogue I designed for ALFA exclusively on "ALFA territory" :)

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Ok, a few words of warning:
    This is primaraly for us DMs to shake out the bugs and get them fixed. You may be asked to travel to the next server, just so we can see how that is working.
    The characters you play need not have anything to do with your 'final' characters. They will die a lot, as we adjust the play balance. Such deaths will not be carried over into the 'final' game :) nor will any xps/items :(
    The upsides: You will get to know your way round Phlan and some of its inhabitants. You will see some HCR action and get the feel of multiplay with strangers as your companions.
    Downside: Some may consider this a spoiler and might prefer to wait a month or two for the Real launch.
    I'll let you know more details closer to launch day. Party helmets are available from Matteo's Store, usual prices. :D

12. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I'll be there, no doubt about it.

13. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'll be there, not sure how long I can stay but I'm really looking forward to this.

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm in! Should we make a first level character or something and just have them on standby?

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] LOL! How about you make LOTS of first level chars of various classes, you are gonna need them! Seriously, none of us now how the play balance is going to work, that's part of the beta. After about a month introduce your favourite character if you are feeling reasonably confident. Then we can seamlessly move into the 'real thing'.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought we had to create the characters on-line with the server to prevent cheating??? Is that right? Or can I start pre-building them now?

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Before there were computers Mathy, there was pencil and paper. Nothing to stop you working out a few characters before you log so you wont waste time wondering which feats/spells to take and how to allocate your points.

It looks like there will be ~ 20 servers on day one. A consequence is that, for the Beta at least, the road west from Phlan leads to ... Arabel in Cormyr! So suspend your disbelief. We will no doubt get inquisitive visitors from there so give them a warm Moonsea welcome.

18. Ragnoor Gems: 1/31

With longing and waiting to yet again gain acces to the internet with my pc. The downtime has been a loong time, so Im looking forward to joining you all in Phlan!

Best regards Ragnoor

19. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Me! Me! Me!

I wanna BETA test too! :grin:

20. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] From Mandos:

"ALFA pass and addy's will be up on the DB login screen. Go to the (ALFA) home page, click on Member Login and you will see it in front of you."

When you arrive on the quayside in Phlan, don't be surprised if you are butt naked. Just head on over to the Adventurer's guild and see 'Honest Jan', he will fix you up. Then meet up with some chums and - explore! There's a city and over 150 wilderness areas out there, it makes Baldur's Gate feel like a sandpit!

Estimated lift off, 10am GMT on Sun 1st sept.

[ August 31, 2002, 20:00: Message edited by: Erran ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.