1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alfa Player Aps Are Now Open!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

2. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hm... Interesting how they took down that coaching rule which has been upholded with fanatism for so long. The apps may indeed be looked upon from the point of originality now. But, good luck anyone who applies. :)

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Can someone please donate me a DSL line or somehing so I can play?

4. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

According to Bioware a 56k modem is enough

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I applied yesterday! /me holds thumbs

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A modem is expensive. Never complained a lot about the speed (though I have 64k ISDN) :rolleyes:

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well having applied in November, they finally got round to accepting me a couple of days ago :-/

I'm not entirely sure what I applied with now.. probably some sort of rogue.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited March 14, 2002).]

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Congrats, Wildfire. Looks like they are clearing their backlog. :)
    Don't worry about your Bio, once you are 'in' you are completely free to change it. Once the Player Database is up you just edit.
    Nice to see another Euro - player, stop by the 'Laughing Goblin' if ever you are in Phlan

Erran - HDM of Phlan.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

:help: I'm working on my application and I have a question. There are a few makes & modles of "elf" that I've never heard of. Wondering if someone has some info for me.

Gold Elf
    Moon Elf
    Sun Elf

These are all brand new to my old eyes

Also, I know the bio is kinda important. Should it be short and well written or long and elaborate?

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited March 18, 2002).]

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

Per the FRCS elves may be:
    Sun/Gold (same thing)
    Moon
    Wood
    Wild
    or of course, Drow

Go here to find out where in the FR they come from: http://www.sorcerers.net/Worlds/FR/where.php

As for the Bio, its quality rather than quantity that matters. Stand out from the crowd and let your personality shine through.
    You DON'T have to play the character you describe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I've submitted it. So far no word from the ALFA gods ... so I wanted your all input. What do you think??? I'm wondering if by bio is too short ....

Scandal Covenrift
    Gold-Elf Paladin
    From the Dalelands

Bio:
    Scandal is a servant-warrior who lives in the Dalelands. His code of honor is rooted in the simple creed: “I am the humble servant of my Lord and God. My body and blood are sacrificed to His cause. We weapon skills are the sacrament of my devotion. My healing powers are the sign of my God's approval upon my conduct.” When he was a child, Scandal’s mother was captured and sacrificed as a part of a pagan ritual. Scandal was to young to understand the rites or to recognize the symbols etched on the altar, but he did know that the people who had hurt his mother were dedicated to darkness. Growing up, he shaped his life around the theme of destroying the works of any evil cleric he came across. When he left home and took up his sword, he left behind his family name of Willowshade and assumed the surname “Covenrift” as a reminder of his purpose

12. Sojourn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok i havnt been here very long but is alfa a guild, and if so, i want a url and if they are gonna have a dedicated nwn server?

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Sojourn ... ALFA isn't really a guild, it is a set of dedicated NWN servers that will have guilds and factions within them.

On SP, our faction is AORTA

For the ALFA (A Land Far Away) home page, just click here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  14. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] So, do we welcome Mathetais to the Alfa fold? :)

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Yes you do! I just recieved my "Welcome to ALFA" e-mail. It feels so good to be officially invited to the party. Now, get them to release the game so my pretty little character can kick some goblin bootie!

16. Bellendaine Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Woot! Finally, on my third try, my NG human wizard, Bellendaine, was accepted into ALFA.

Thanks to Erran for his encouragement and help, and look forward to hunting with you all!

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How long does it take to be accepted into ALFA?

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Can be as short as a couple of weeks, can be never if they don't like your bio. They have speeded up lately and at least they now send rejection notes.

19. Corilathi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Woe is me for I have but a 28k connection. My soul cries out "ALFA, ALFA" and still I cannot sate its hunger.:sosad:

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have a 56k modem...and a crap connection, but it's barely sufficient for multiplayer. One of these days, I'm even going to get around to applying ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.