1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All the weapons which can hurt Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chris Williams, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kangaxx is probably the hardest opponent in the game. Apart from his lethal attacks, he's damned hard to hit, being only affected by +4 or better weapons. This is a complete list (I hope) of all the weapons and other items in the game that can hurt him, together with where you can find them. Those marked with '*' are available in chapter 2 so that you can go after Kangaxx before you go to Spellhold if you think you're hard enough.

Cloak Of The Stars*
    Creates six +5 darts per day. Obtained from the corpse of the Shadow Lord.

Boneblade Dagger
    Obtained from the corpse of Qilue, Ust Natha.

Gauntlets Of Crushing
    Obtained from the corpse of Prince Villynaty, Sahuagin City.

Blackmist Halberd
    Obtained from Ardulace's demon as a reward for giving up the eggs.

Dragon's Breath Halberd
    Obtained from a party of adventurers that attack you in the Underdark.

Wave Halberd
    Manufactured by Cromwell the Smith. You obtain the haft from the Planar Prison Warden and the blade from Prince Villynaty in the Sahuagin City.

Flame Tongue Longsword*
    Obtained from the corpse of Darok in the Druid Grove. Its +4 enchantment vs. undead works on Kangaxx, apparently.

Improved Mace of Disruption*
    You get the unimproved mace from the blood bath in Bodhi's lair when you first take on the vampires. Cromwell can combine this with the illithium you obtain during the Sarles quest to create the improved mace. It strikes as a +5 weapon.

Ring Of The Ram*
    Obtained from the corpse of Tolgerias in the Planar Sphere. Does a goodly amount of damage but can only be used once per day.

Sling Of Everard*
    Available from Joluv in the Copper Coronet (one of the bonus CD merchants).

Short Bow Of Gesen
    Manufactured by Cromwell. Shaft is obtained from the tanner's house, Bridge District. Bowstring is obtained from the Spellhold labyrinth.

Cutthroat Short Sword
    Obtained from Bodhi's lair in chapter 6.

Spear Of Withering
    Bought from a drow merchant in Ust Natha.

Staff Of The Magi*
    Obtained from the corpse of Layenne, arch-mage with the Twisted Rune.

Staff Of Rhynn*
    Bought from the Adventurer's Mart.

Staff Of The Woodlands
    Reward from Rhillifane in Suldanesselar. I don't think you'll get the chance to use it, though.

Carsomyr*
    Obtained from the corpse of Firkraag.

Soul Reaver Two Handed Sword
    Obtained from the demon knights in the Western Tunnels, the Underdark.

Warblade Two Handed Sword
    Added to the stock of Adventurer's Mart in chapter 6.

Crom Faeyr
    Manufactured by Cromwell. Requires Hammer Of Thunderbolts (Temple District sewers), Crom Faeyr Scroll (Shadow Dragon), Gauntlets Of Ogre Power (Planar Sphere), Girdle Of Frost Giant Strength (demon knights, Underdark).

I also believe that the greater werewolf shapeshifter form strikes as a +4 weapon.

Question: does the Ring Of Energy (Adventurer's Mart) affect him?

Ommissions / corrections welcome.

2. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i think you got it all
    can Staff of Thunder and Lightining hit him?
    i also think there is a spell..um..Phantom Blade might be able to
    and maybe mordenkain's sword
    im not sure though ;)

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Mordekainens swords should work, but will prbably get imprisoned before dealing any real damage. The third level mage spell melfs minute meteors can also be used to hurt him. With one meteor per level and able to throw up to five in a given round, this could be one of the fastest way to kill him, with multible mages available.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

There's a club that you in the last test in Spellhold. I think it's called "Bone Club" or something. Im not sure how much, but there's a bonus vs. Undead. I don't know what it's enchanment is.

Also, don't you get Blackmist from Patrick - the shade of Mazzy's friend?

Cloak of Stars isn't enough to beat him though, since there is only 5 darts.

5. yenn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bone Club is +2/+3 vs. Undead

6. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

well, if you use the Mordenkainen's swords quick enough they won;t get imprisoned

7. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Mystra's Chosen
    Blackmist is a +4 halberd - and Chris's got the location right. You're probably thinking of Duskblade which is a +2 halberd (and loot from Patrick).

Bone Club is a +2 club (+3 vs. undead). It cannot hurt Kangaxx.

EDIT: Too slow it seems...

Oh, what about Tasheron's Bow? I know it's only a +3 weapon but it seems to be able to hit almost anything...

8. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

The Greater Werewolf paws are only +2, even though I believe they're supposed to be +3 or +4.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Slayer should be able to hurt him as well, and it's immune to imprisonment.

Tansheron's Bow will not. IIRC, the only missile weapon that can is Gesen's Bow.

10. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

i heard tht slayers are immune to imprisonment but i neve trid it out for myself
    Tansheron's bow is only a +2 i think

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

@Victor...

Ok... It's been such a long time (about a year) since I played BG2. I still remember most of the stuff, but the specifics are fading.

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

slayer is immune to imprisonment, since i got the fix pack, the fixes minsc rage ability, minsc can be imprisoned, so i used the slayer to beat kangaxx.

but slayer isn't exactly a weapon

13. Kaos_Knight Gems: 1/31

shouldnt Daystar be able to hurt him too?? at least use its sunstrike ability if it can't, but im pretty sure that it hits at a +4 vs evil characters..correct me if im wrong though...

14. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Yes Daystar will do a job on Kangaxx!

Yo! You are from Ottawa! :D

15. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

i also think that False Dawn might be able to hurt him to

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Efreeti.

Melf's Minute Meteors (this was my method of beating Kangaxx - I used about 75 of these).

Totemic Spirit's Spirt Animals (I believe there is a patch or something to fix this; without it, I think they strike as normal weapons or something.)

Maybe Djinni.

17. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Daystar is only considered +2 when considering what it can hit, so it won't hurt Kangaxx.

18. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Yeah, but it's +4 against Undead.

19. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Conjure Fire and Earth elementals. They hit too.

I didn't know Gauntlets of Crushing enchant your fists to +4... I thought it just gave bonuses to THAC0 and damage.

I faintly recall someone posting here in one of those 'funny battles' threads that the Vorpal Sword hits Kangaxx. Said he decapitated him.

20. Kaos_Knight Gems: 1/31

@Neeraj, yeah im from ottawa, university student, you??

@Mystra, yeah i was pretty sure that Daystar Hits as a +4 vs Undead.. thanks!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.