1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alternative Chapter Three

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by 8people, Jul 12, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes well, imo, I don't think monks would get involved, however my other partner in crime thinks it would be good.

Frosty will be deciding though I will probably disagree with the idea and pounce on any others.

2. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hahahahha..ok!! Hey...have you already decided what's involved about the wizards you are creating? Like "religion", numbers, places..and so??

3. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Why not Drizzt? It's just a matter of choices, for those who don't like him then don't go for his quest and go for others! Those who like him will have a good choice to choose from! Well, I just trying to be fair. After all, Drizzt was created by R.A Salvatore who is very good in writing fantasy books. ;)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Personally I think you should get rid of the monks. Monks just don't do that sort of thing.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I agree with you Aikanaro, though I'll need an alternative to replace them.

and Skywind - I've said a couple of times now, NO DRIZZT! Drizzt wouldn't be there, and he gets included later. It would be too meddlesome to the game, if you understand my meaning.

The Silver Bear - I wouldn't include a group that was any less detailed than another group, in fact if I implement something new I tend to add more detail to make sure it would be able to exist in the setting. So I have it all planned, numbers, places, beliefs... and so.

6. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

What fonts are you going to use?? Books, movies, etc...

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] depends what you mean by fonts :p

And I only use the game, why use books and movies when they aren't really involved in this?

8. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

Sorry...my post was really lacking of informations...
    I mean fonts as sources as books of AD&D! Like Dragonlance, Forgottem Realms,...
    Movies would be just some kind of influence...ex: epic movies as Conan, Rob Roy, Braveheart,...just for ideas of creating drama, intrigue...not the very essence of the movies.

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't have any books and don't watch movies.

And even if I did use those sources putting them in a game is different from putting them into a story or play.

I don't tend to use influences in stories or what ever, my imagination is usually capable of doing most of my work - whether in a good or bad way,

10. Kazgoroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You should be able to join a Ranger's guild of some type, like the group at Umar Hills that where protecting Valygar.

Off topic: I named my character Patrick, being that that's my real name. So I got rather confused with the whole Shades Mission with Mazzy. It's like if you have Final Fantasy VII, and you name Red XIII: Nanaki, when you first meat him. when you reach Cosmo Canyon someone will say "Nanaki's real name is Nanaki?"

Hah, I just thought of that, so you can ignore me.

11. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

Ok!
    Ah, by the way, are you going to use the paperdolls already in the game, right?
    I'm a bit :yot: here...How can I use a Drow paperdoll (like Soulafein's) to my PC? I was thinking in "use" a Drow F/M and Soulafein's paperdoll's just perfect!!

12. Obad-Hai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

With the use of Shadowkeeper. Which can be downloaded from this site.

13. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Come on, do the Amnish Sect of the Red Wizards of Thay, there should be another way to get Edwin!!! And it would be pretty much the same as the Rouge Wizards anyway, Just with a tital!!!

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The Silver Bear - you should know before you use SK, it is more trouble than it's worth. Just a warning.

and Stu
    The Rogue Wizards do have their own title because that's what they call themselves.

And Edwin doesn't get along with the Red Wizards all that well either. In his biography it says he isn't wearing the usual colours and his quest reveals that he is most likely lying to you.

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Not to mention a certain Red Wizard mentions Edwin is a renegede.

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] That's at the end of his quest, right? :hmm:

the mod will not give alternative ways to get NPCs, only exception would be if I added an NPC or something into it and they're in a certain group.

17. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

8people..thanks for the advice...I'm already having problems with it :D .
    Does the group you're creating already have a name? How many wizards will be in the group?
    Sorry for the huge number of questions. I'm a DM and I liked your idea so I decided to use it in my game... ;)
    See you.

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Formally they are The Mages of Arcadia, but most refer to them as the rogue wizards. They are a pretty small group, around 12 at the moment, it is risky to recruit members as they are an illegal group and prefer to hide away in an area guarded by undetectable magic, so they are safe.

I could PM you with more details if you'd like

19. Kazgoroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Whoever says SK isn't worth he work, I think it very well is. Maybe your one of those people who despises any form of "cheating" whatsoever, I dunno. ShadowKeeper can edit your party to a massive extent, and they're constantly updating it to make it better! Right now you can change pretty much everything but voice. And you can't make a character from scrap. If you think that isn't enough then your REALLY lazy. Icewind Dale's DaleKeeper is even better than ShadowKeeper!

It does NOT take much effort at all either. Just download it, and (despite it's decent quantity of stuff in the zip file) it extracts/installs VERY easily.

Even if you aren't going to use it often, just get it, it does nothing but help. :thumb:

I, being a cheater at heart, often get stuck with an item in my inventory that can't be moved, while using the CreateItem codes. With SK, you can go into the save in which you have the item, REMOVE IT entirely and it only takes a minute to do. Obviously, that's just one of probably hundreds of different things this can help you with.

Don't dis something until you use it to it's full potential. It isn't fair to it's creator. :shame:

(That reminded me of a song :idea: )
    :nono: Do not KNOCK it, until you ROCK it! :nono:

:hahaerr: I'm such a dork...

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Kazgoroth - that was totally unrelated :nono: and I am NOT against cheating. I have used ShadowKeeper and you do get bugs in the game. Don't think about insulting people on SP until you know them, and don't go on in a totally unrelated topic about something like this. Isn't fair on the creator? Is it fair to let someone use something that could bug the game up?

If you post here again I hope it will be something to do with the topic, and not being a dork, as you put it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.