1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ama's Lullaby - Developer Interview

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Mar 14, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The folks at Push Start have interviewed Marc Chevallereau - the developer of Ama's Lullaby. The cyberpunk point-and-click adventure has reached nearly 50% funding on Kickstarter:

Developer Interview: Ama's Lullaby
    Ama's Lullaby is an interesting point and click adventure inspired by the likes of Blade Runner which is currently running a campaign on Kickstarter. We managed to pick the brains of the one man team behind the upcoming game, Marc Chevallereau, to find out more about the game.

Push Start: Would you like to briefly introduce yourself to our readers, and perhaps tell us how you got into videogame development?

Marc: Hi! My name is Marc, I am the founder of Mercy Ground Creations, a (very) small indie game development studio, and I am the developer of the cyberpunk game project Ama's Lullaby. Like many game creators, I started playing games while I was very young, (which led) me to obtain a Master-level degree in 3D computer graphics (animation and special effects oriented). One day, I saw Brian Fargo's Wasteland 2 on Kickstarter, and I saw that it was made with Unity. Trying the free version of the soft on my computer, it was a revelation, the beginning of several years of learning how to make games.

Push Start: In your words, how would you best describe the experience you are currently crafting for players?

Marc: Ama's Lullaby is an immersive game taking place in a cyberpunk atmosphere, with a strong cinematographic approach. You play the role of Ama, a young computer-science prodigy living in the 1st outer space colony. This place was built by machines for human beings to protect humanity, after the announcement of a potential impact between Earth and an asteroid. But when Ama finds out the actual reason of her presence in this colony, and notices the strange behaviour of its inhabitants, her world suddenly falls apart. Then she has to explore the colony, meet its human and non-human inhabitants, negotiate with the AI and make decisions that will impact directly the course of events. Thanks to her programming talent, she is able to hack any network of the city, gather information, steal confidential data to use them for her own purposes, disclose them or even blackmail people. But every action has consequences on the story, and Ama will become an easy prey once her identity is unveiled...

[...]​

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.