1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anomen Romance and some advice needed...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by lilith21, Aug 4, 2016.

1. lilith21 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm Male but for this go I'm playing a female Cavalier. I took Anomen in the party but he left when I reached Imnesvale because his father was murdered. I convinced Anomen not to take vengeance on Saerk for hiring people to rob Lord Cors' house and murdering Anomen's sister because I'm playing a Lawful Good Cavalier. I like Anomen and he fits right in with my party but I can spare his departure and take Valygar, Mazzy, or keep aerie and exclude both. But a new go with either Mazzy or Valygar would be a nice change of party members. I've never used either of them. Only thing is Anomen had some nice gear on him when he dumped us. (Full Plate, Helm of Glory, 4 potions of hill giant strength, 6 potions of extra healing, some other nice stuff and the pommel gem of the equalizer). Does he reappear further down the road? Can I at least get him in my party again and get back some of the stuff I worked really hard for? Or is he gone for good? Saerk must have a lot of gold (that's what Lord Cor and Anomen say). Could've used some of it for the trip to the Underdark (buying the shield and Plate of Balduran for all the Mind Flayers) but I didn't want him to lose out on his trial of the most radiant heart. The Shade Lord gave us a nice chunk of change and he dropped a rogue stone and a kings tear and the Shadow Dragon (which was too difficult to defeat for me right now) leaves a couple thousand gold coins and the treasure I've found down there in the dungeon was very legitimate so I'm happy. I declined the gold from Minister Lloyd to get the reputation point and I'd like to get at least 2 more rep points to make my reputation 17. What can I do to get a few reputation points before going to the Underdark? I haven't played Shadows of Amn in years so any advice is welcomed. and what else can I do for more gold besides getting higher Rep. points? thanks in advance.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You might want to squeeze some enters in there and space out your lines, that was quite a wall of text to read. :p

Anyway - since you convinced him not to take revenge for the death of his sister, i assume he left after hearing of his father's death ?
    If so, you should be able to find him at Saerk's house in the bridge district. Talk to him and you can join up again to help him complete his quest after which you can keep him in your party.

One word of caution, since you are in a romance with him the way you go about things in Saerk's house could have some major consequences that would block you from getting Anomen back into your party, so you might want to save your game to a different slot before heading in in case you don't like the results one way or the other.

Also, you must find Anomen in the bridge district within 5 in-game days after he leaves the party, or the romance will stop entirely.

EDIT : for a more in-depth desccription and step-by-step explanation of your options and the results, read the walkthrough here on sorcerers :
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/npc-anomen-is-called-home.php

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.