1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anomen Romance Ruined?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Viconia9, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Viconia9 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm in an active romance with Anomen. However, I had to let him go for about 1 hr. game time (about 10 minutes real time). Then I went back to pick him up, and headed to the graveyard district to meet Bodhi (Chapter 6). From there she is supposed to take away your love interest, but she didn't. My question: Did letting Anomen go ruin the romance, or is it still active? There were never any break-up conversations. I want the romance to keep going, but I have no saves back that far so I can't replay anything. :( Is it just a glitch that she didn't do what she was supposed to?
    Thanks for the help in advance!

Also, the CLUAconsole is not working for me, so I can't check that way.

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As far as I remember, kicking them out of the party after the romance has started will break the romance, for any romanceable NPC. There are certain scripted events where it's ok for them to leave the party without breaking the romance, most notably in the romance with Jaheira when she leaves to go to the Harpers. But normally the NPC you're romancing should be kidnapped by Bodhi, if not, (s)he is not being romanced as far as the game is concerned (or it's a mod NPC, I suppose).

To add the CLUAconsole, Copy the line below in your Baldur.ini under the [Program Options] header:
    Code:
    Debug Mode=1
    Then it should be possible to open the CLUAconsole with Ctrl+Space.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The better question is why the console isn't working for you. Did you edit the INI file and press ctrl+space in-game?

I think dumping a party member generally breaks a romance, so that might be it, yeah. Everything is fixable with the console though.

If you just want to check, you can use ShadowKeeper to browse all your GLOBALs and see their values.

Edit: Ninja'd by a clay golem. Must have activated its haste ability.

Viconia9 likes this.
  4. Viconia9 Gems: 1/31

Thank you! I used the Shadow Keepeer and the romance was dead. But I reset the variable and it is now at 2 again! Yay! Thank you! I think everything will be better now. (but let me know if it's not)

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ninja stealth through speed :)
    But good point, SK is generally easier to use than the console.

@Viconia9: Probably you'll want to reload till before the meeting with Bodhi, then reset the global variable so that part at least will happen according to how it's supposed to happen.

6. Viconia9 Gems: 1/31

I'm in Throne of Bhaal now and the romance is progressing as it should. Thanks guys!

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Glad to hear that, though I admire your dedication to keeping the romance going. I think that might be the only romance I've never finished because I just wanna punch him in the face every time he opens his mouth.

8. henkie

Media:
    As I recall he actually gets better the further you get into the romance, not nearly as obstinate as initially.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.