1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another Sample of the flavor of ALFA

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, May 16, 2003.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sometimes multiple people in the party have to talk to Lent before everyone who deserves it gets the reward. Mat, if you didn't get the reward from Lent try talking to him again. If you still don't get it, why, you have the grand opportunity to kill the bandit again!

Oh, one other thing... Had you gotten the contract from Lent before you went?

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Thistler sat up quickly, cursing herslef for deciding to camp out in the wilds... The most idiotic mistake she'd made so far...
    With rumours of Drow flying throughout the Dales, being in the wilds at nightfall was not good for your life span.
    Quickly shoveling her items into her pack, she hide in the shadows, and started the quick walk back to Dagger Falls. Thistler was lucky, there was little activity on the roads at this time of night, and she was quickly able to reach the gates into Dagger Falls.

The young halfling sighed with happiness, at the sight of a warm capfire, she collapsed down under the cover of a tall oak tree, soon she was joined by another adventurer, they chatted for a while, until a tall woman walked past, by the name of Snenka, offering the promise of free breakfast at he Broken Dagger, as any self respecting adventurer would, we were quick to accept. And so, at dawn we were to make our way to the tavern as soon as dawn broke.

*gosh, this is turning into a novel*

Later we were joined by two other adventurers, Arinna and Larmach (sp?) Together, all four of us ventured into town for our free breakfast. *literally we roleplayed breakfast for an hour. RL. 0.o* During our brekfast conversation, the Innkeep came over and asked how we were, and the subject of darts came up. (Arianna metioned trying to use Rem as a dart board, but he moved to quick. Don't know what to think about that)

Later helped another adventurer with the Berry patch contract.

I was on for three hours straight last night :DAnd I actaully managed to get back to Dagger Falls before having to quit this time.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I wish they made a great multi-player game like NWN to the IE engine. My cpu is too lousy to take NWN into it and I wants to play online and the IE games suck on this.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I basically bought a new computer so NWN would run better! How crazy is that?

5. Register Gems: 29/31

Very crazy. The only good thing about NWN is ALFA, the rest skúcks.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I agree. The single player is mediocre. Unless you play modules you've made yourself (which I haven't quite mastered yet) or played some of the custom mods out there.

There are other decent online worlds out there. But I agree, ALFA is by far the best!

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] Sir Bel, I'm doing virtually the same thing (buying a new computer for just one game)

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I had a spiffy new PC when by the time NWN came out in the UK anyway.

Having a go at making my own Modules, but I'm not doing very well...

I must agree that single player is quite poor, I end up spending a lot of time browsing through multiplayer servers and on ALFA.

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Last night was GREAT !!!

I'm so happy i can play on ALFA again.

We were a witness to a boy who sneaked out of the White Chalk Hollow (a village near Orcs). Well actualy his mother told us when she was looking for him outside the village.

Our group censisted of 6 members. We flew through osme orcs on our rescue mission, tore them apart and continued :D
    Eventualy we met some Zhentarims who seemed like priests, and an altar with small bones on it. We knew what befell the boy. We killed the Zhents when a freedom fighter arrived with two guards and accused us of killing the boy. It turned out he was his father. One of us went to the altar and studied it (he was a wizard). He couldnt decipher anything.
    A minute later a Tiefling appeared. We all backed off a bit, ready for a fight. But she didnt look like she'd going to attack us instantly so we tried to speak to her. No effect. Our wizard theorised that the Zhent must've summoned her using the child as a focus. She didnt like tha guards around her so she killed all of them in one attack each.
    Those of us who were a bit more wise than our wizard backed off a bit more, in case she attacked. He boldly went right beside her and demanded that she told him what he wished to know. Death-wish it seemed.
    But then she just dissapeared, but not without telling us that she'll doom our precious Daggerdale. :eek:

Well, we could do little else than go back the way we came to the White Chalk Hollow to report our failure ot save the boy to her mother. Even more, she asked us if we saw her housband who was a freedom figher who also went looking for her boy. We told him he's dead too. :p

Then i suggested we all just sit down in a tavern and get something to drink at last. Surely enough our dwarf took it instantly and we went in. Another of our party was a bit more righteus and went to report all this to authorities. We just let him, while we sat in nice warm tavern each with a mug of ale in his hand, telling each other stories of heroics. Surely enough there was already dark outside and it started raining again, so we were all quite happy about where we were.

And most importatly none of us fell.

And i got a extra XP award for good role-playing. Damn am i proud of that :grin: :grin:

10. Register Gems: 29/31

You get rewards for good roleplaying? That's just so Übercool.

11. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Roleplaying rewards are not consistently applied across all of ALFA, so it's generally up to the DM who's running that particular event. Generally, DMs will reward good roleplaying (to some extent) or, roleplaying that advances a goal or objective. I prefer the later to the former myself ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.