1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any Artists Around?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Do we have any really good artists in the community? I'd like to do an overhaul of the SP merchandise with a totally different look, so I need to enlist the aid of a good artist in this matter. Black t-shirts are also possible now, and since all our current designs only work on white, I'd need some work done to go with black tees anyway, and we might as well refresh the other merch at this time.

As for the perks for the artist... a life-time SPS account, with all the extras that go along with it, for starters.

If anyone's interested, please PM me. And if there are any questions, feel free to ask here.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've got a couple o' questions:

1) What will be required to actually submit new design ideas? Do you want changes and corrections to those already present? Do you want new works that is "in-tune", and sort of a follow up on those already available? I would much like a more in-depth explanation of your exact meanign with "overhaul" ;) .

2) What sort of "style" are you looking for? Some genereic computer created (well, I'm obviously talking of simple "tablet" made drawings here) pic's, or iwell crafted hand-made stuff?

3) Will it be requirred that the artist has done anything like this before?

4) Will the artist be requirred to have some sort of arts education? Like a Graphical Designer or somesuch...

5) Do you want many different designs, so that you can, say, get a T-shirt with two, three or even four different logo's? Or do you want one?

Hmm.. I had more questions, but forgot 'em as I wrote. Guess I'll remember it if it was important :rolling: .

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1) No, something completely different than what we have now. Now style, new idea, etc. Something in tune with the spirit of the site, of course.

2) Something that people would look at and say "wow, I've got to have this!" and actually buy it. Something at least on par with the current merch images, if not better. But primarily in a different style, because this one didn't really work out well sales-wise.

3) It'd certainly be a bonus, because making this stuff will require tons of corrections and adjustments to the graphics and size of the images for various different items. It's not something you'd want to tackle if you're new to this.

4) I couldn't care less... it's the pictures I'm interested in.

5) There would be a few different things, but mostly variations of the same graphics. The total number of separate images would probably be under 5.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  4. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Can you also get ahold of some travel coffee mugs. I'd really like one with the SP logo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually, we've had one... I've only noticed now that it's not there any more. They must have discontinued it. :bad:

6. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Crud

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.