1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

AquaMuseum, Vera and FrostSalamander

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by ConjurerDragon, Mar 21, 2015.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In my game I have reached the Aquamuseum and after speaking to the Frostsalamander lieutenant and pretending to accept his quest to kill the slaves explored on.

Speaking to another Frostsalamander who heard noises I suggested that I take a look and report to him. Moving further I found Vera - however while moving close to her to talk to her the Frostsalamander who was supposed to wait for my report followed me ( or moved in that direction following his pattern ) spotted Vera and attacked her.

Both show the "speak to" symbol when i hover the mouse pointer over them.

Isn´t that supposed to go like:
    Speak to Salamander. S waits.
    Speak to V.
    Then either report Vera to S or lie to S about Vera.

My game consists of IWD+HoW+ToL+IWD Fixpack
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwd_fixpack/
    installed.

So - did I mess up somehow by accepting the "kill the slaves" quest instead of "thinking about it"? Or is there a bug and the Frost Salamander should stay in place instead of following me to Vera and killing her?

2. Silvershadows Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Media:
    This is actually a bug ( or rather a bug-like issue ) in the original IWD .

Sometimes that Salamander guy will wander into the corner and attack Vera . You can keep her out of harm's way by blocking the corridor with your party . If the Salamander is already attacking Vera , you can encase her with Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere ( Wiz4 ) ( Ivisibility may or maynot work since Vera might fight back ..... ) . Anyway , the sooner you save those poor slaves ( and dispatch the Salamander horde ) , the more likely she will be kept alive .

3. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    I tried blocking the corridor with the party members and it worked - for a while.
    I could talk to Vera and then lie to the Salamander that nothing was there and it answered that it had no need to worry then (and my party received the XP bonus for that) - and then it started patrolling again and killed Vera :(

Does she need to stay alive or can I simply tell the slaves that she was alive when I met her although she has been killed right after that?

It´s strange. It does not matter how long I take to get to Vera - the moment I approach her the Salamander seems to start wandering to her. As long as the area is unexplored she stays alive. :confused:

As I have only the Fixpack installed is there perhaps another mod that fixes that somehow (e.g. by having Vera actually hide in shadows when she is a thief, or by removing the guard salamander once I lied to him about nothing being there)?

4. Silvershadows Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Media:

Well , you can block the path and cast Invisibility on Vera after you have talked to her --- it should work ( at least , I hope so :p ) . And , of course , you can not talk to her again becasue she is invisible . So Dispel Magic is in order . ( Or , alternatively , you can rest 8 hours to wait the spell expired .)

I may be wrong , but , unfortunately , there is no mod to fix this " bug " .

5. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    I did speak to Vera while blocking the path with the other partymembers, then talked to the Salamander to say theres nothing there. And before it attacked her I had my Druid cast Protection from Evil and my Thief/Mage Improved Invisibility on her and Vera killed the Frost Salamander with my party still being neutral to them :D

Edit: And it´s good that she stayed alive. After freeing the slaves and reporting that to her she gave a 80000 XP reward that as far as i know otherwise would have been lost.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.