1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3 is dead..

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Saladin, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There has been, but you obviously weren't paying attention. Go read our news archives. And don't use ALL CAPS again.

2. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

News archives? Whoa, this site is so huge that i seem to know only 1/100 part of it. I'll check it out.

3. murphy917 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] As a newbie to the RPG arena, I purchased an XBOX and loved both Baldurs Gate games as well as Norrath on the PS2. I have also played the LOTH Return of the King and loved it.

Could anyonoe list some other games for the XBOX platform that are simlar in gameplay to the ones listed above. I need a 2 player game that allows both characters to fight on the screen at the same time.

I hate the split-screen co-op gameplay of games like Halo and Dynasty Warriors.

I love the RPG type of games best but any of you that know of other 2 player coop on screen at the same time games, I would greatly appreciate you suggestions.

-Murph'

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone is probably what you want but you should really try some PC RPGs such as Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. The games you mentioned are just glorified action games, really.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This is totally off-topic here, so please open a new thread about it in The Playground forum, murphy917.

Edit: Ah, I see you already have. Good. ;)

[ December 07, 2004, 08:29: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

6. Daggerfall Gems: 1/31

It wont be a baldurs gate at all . the Tale of Bhaal's son is now over...

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

How about we just wait and see instead of being so negative about it. I know it is hard not to for obvious reasons but surely there has been more then enough posts saying that it will be crap or whatever. I think this BG3 forum is too premature.

8. Meldon Gems: 1/31

Veteran

I think it`s not premature, but a discussion we must have.

BG3 is not dead. Not even born. And has a lot to offer when it will come, and much if we think as well what we want from it.

In my opinion BG series is a rpg sub-genre on it own, and if the producer will understand to develop it in this sub-genre and not in other, we can have a lot of hopes.

9. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Lets hope we don't have to wait like we did for Half Life 2. If we do that I'll go crazy.

10. Silinrun Gems: 1/31

Heres my opinion, though I know very little of a squel or prequel, why not just continue the story from the ending where your character let go of the essense, then continued his or her life afterward. I really would love to be able to go on after like that. If they kept all the things from BG2, the character interaction and such, that would be awesome, I hated IWD and IWD2 because you make everyone in the party, wheres the fun in interaction between characters unless you find other real people to play the game with? Which I have tried and had no luck with -.- Anyway, if it were a prequel, then something from the Times of Trouble, or I dont know, something? It really doesnt *have* to be following the Bhaal theme anyway. Baldur's Gate is the games name. Not Prophecy of Bhaal or whatever. I truely loved the PC versions, I didnt utterly hate DA1, and never played two. CoN was great, far better then DA1 but it was too much pure hack and slash that got really repeditive. Wow, I had a lot more to say then I had expected ^_^

11. Saladin Gems: 1/31

Well, I can tell you this. If some company totally steals the franchise from Bioware, I will see it as an affront.

12. The_Swordalizer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hmmm... set about 400 years before the original, new 3D viewpoint... does this remind anyone of Knights of the Old Republic? If so it could be cool, not having to lead to anything but still referencing area's and legends you hear in BG. It would be nice to see how things were 400 years before the current Forgotten Realms, you could meet Melf (of the Acid Arrows and the meteors) and stuff. Maybe you could be founding the city of Baldurs Gate or Candlekeep? you could meet some of the Elves from the game aswell. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be crap

13. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Actually, Melf is from the world of Greyhawk, so no matter when the game is set, you wouldn't be able to meet him.

14. The_Swordalizer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you can meet Dragonlance Knights and go to Hell in BG2 why not meet Melf?

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Please, can someone give me a link where it says that the game will be set 400 years in the past? I have heard that it will be, at most, 30 years in the past, and that's a difference of 370 years, for you math-impared. ;)

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I have the PCG magazine with the article, while I don't recall the Atari rep mentioning specific dates, he says you will encounter a hamster-toting ancestor of Minsc, which pushes the time way past 30 years before BG1.

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not only is that sad, that it's so long before the other BGs, but it is stupid as well.

Minsc got the hamster after he hit his head, not something he got as a kid or anything like that.

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31

He had the hamster in BG 1, when he was just a bit loopy, it took a hit in the head for the two to really bond in BG2.

19. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Having a hamster-toting ancestor of Minsc in BG3 is a foolish idea indeed. One dude carrying around a hamster was weird enough, but a whole family of them?! C'mon...at least change it up a bit...have his grandpa Dunsc carry around a giant space platypus.

20. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I'm not so much concerned with Minsc's ancestor as I am with the perspective change. Having someone like Dunsc would at least keep series continuity, but switching to some NWN-like crap for the engine will go a long way into alienating Baldur's Gate fans.

Ideally, an engine like ToEE or Silent Storm used would be great, but I doubt we will see something like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.