1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beljuril Gem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Juaqeen Roukas, May 8, 2005.

1. Juaqeen Roukas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I always grab the Beljuril Gem found in Firkraags dungeon but never do anything with it. I assume it is part of some small quest that I have never bothered to complete. Is this quest worth my time at this point in the game? I usually don't do the Firkraag quest until chapter 6.

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The Staff of the Magi is always worth going for. Go to the Bridge District and start untrapping doors and looking in to see what you can find :wave:

3. Juaqeen Roukas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@ Shrikant
    I am failing to make the connection here. The Bejuril gem has nothing to do with the Twisted Rune quest.

4. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How did you get Beljuril in the Firkrag dungeon? I don't remember getting it.

Anyway, you can forge the iron horn of valhala after forging bronze horn of valhala which can be forege from the silver horn of valhala with the rogue stone. The bronze horn of valhala, which can be forge to bronze->iron, is in the bridge dicstrict, the house north of Rampa.

IIRC there're two beljuril in the game, but I can't think of any use of the second one.

EDIT : As you can see below, I corrected order of upgrading horn of valhala. silver->bronze->iron

[ May 16, 2005, 05:46: Message edited by: Ruin Ehwazehs ]

5. Shrikant

Aah! :bang: I was thinking of the Rouge Stone :aww: Whats so special about the Bejuril you found in FirKaag's lair? Is the description any different? Glittering or not, it is still only useful for selling.

6. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The second beljuril is inside a chicken in the Umar Hills (!). They can be used to upgrade the Horn of Valhalla (the second upgrade). AFAIK there are additional items that require a beljuril to be upgraded - if you have the item upgrade mod that is.

[ May 08, 2005, 17:20: Message edited by: Victor Eremita ]

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@Ewazehs:The Beljuril is in the room with one adamantium and two clay golems.

8. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

aaa. a chicken... I didn't get the chicken quest! I don't know why... chickens all disappeared.

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

The use of the other gem is that it's worth a lot of gold! ;)

10. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Chickavalier,

I think you have to take a specific dialog option with a villager who will tip you off the the doings with the chickens.

11. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Or you can just beat the chicken, that has the beljuril, to the death and take the gem.

The owners will say something, but if you are evil enough just shut them up.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You need a diamond to upgrade the silver horn of Valhalla to the bronze horn of Valhalla.
    You need a Beljuril to upgrade the bronze horn of Valhalla to the iron horn of Valhalla.
    Just thought I'd clear that up.

13. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

but beating chicken is not very nice act. it's horrid, miserable, unforgivable(I personally think so)

14. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

You used to be able to pickpocket that chicken, but Baldurdash fixed it. :D

15. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Speak to the villager who's standing at the "top" of the village, just in front of the stones over the river.

However if you take the quest instead of beating the crap out of the chicken, you have to "persuade" the owner with some gold.

16. Shrikant

One of the rare instances where being Evil is better than being good. You not only have to give gold to that drunk but also to the chicken (!?! :lol: ) family.
    If you just go kill the chickens, you get the gem for free and get to mouth one of the best lines in the game: "This is between me and the chickens." :grin:

17. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

it's still very unnice, cruel act of mass destruction

18. Deuce Gems: 5/31

I've never decided which was more amusing, (pre-baldurdash of course) "Picking" the Chicken's "Pocket" or the time I had a thief try to and fail.

19. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

i failed pickpocketing the chicken and it turned hostile. it is weird that even chickens dont stand to be stolen from :)

20. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Beware the little birds, for they may yet rise up and peck your eyes out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.