1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best paladin kit?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Harkle, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yes, he can :) I like especially Azuredge axe (great weapon vs. undead)

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Laches you super powerfull dispell is minused in IWD2 and is practically usseles.
    Also we are talking about "naked" Pallies. No equipment or magic!
    Also you shuld mention Dissadvantages first. And the cleric spell issue is very important since the inquisitor.
    Also if you add the equipment that you were talking about the that will make a fire, acid and poison immune paladin.
    A little help: Play IWD2 a couple of times solo with aa pallie to learn what I mean.
    The dispell immunity spell will always dispell things like protection from fear there for there is no way the Inquisitor will laste.
    Yes Advantage like the Inquisitor is better but take Cons too and see what comes out. The inquisitor was given two extra abilities like that to make him balanced.
    They are all the same powered and therefor any furthr discussion on the who is more powerfull will not be tollerated!
    Actually I cant do that anyway everyone plays with his most fav. like I who play with a cavalier.
    My Cavalier can walk all over anyone but will have a challenge with your fav class.

Paddy!
    (You know the rest!)

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Once again, Paladins cannot use the Amulet of Power! Just try if you don't believe me.

Laches, yes, the dispel magic will dispel stoneskin (although it should not, this is a bug), it will not remove any other spell or combat protections that the enemy mage is likely to be using however.

No and no, and since this is not the ToB forum, this should not be discussed.

Completely different ruleset. Don't make references to third edition pallies when we're talking about second edition kits.

Basically, that's the point I've been trying to make throughout this thread Paddy.

4. Gholam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, keldorn was held by a ghast (or if it was greater ghoul, never mind) in my current game. I'm playing a Stalker right now, and find him quite amusing.

5. Lord Arion IronCross Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My respects to Lord Dragonblade and thanks to all topic participants. It does my heart good to see so many worthy opinions regarding our most noble class. Surely with so many good brothers and sisters taking up the cross (or holy symbol, as it were), we will certainly prevail when we storm the Nine Hells and take the Abyss!!!

"FOR GOODNESS, AND THE UPPER PLANES!!!"

-Lord Arion Ironcross, known as the "Evil Slayer"-
    Paladin Cavalier Lord
    Knights of the Order of St. George, Hospitallers

6. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Um are you INSANE?
    The abyss is guerded by millions of balors and like 24 demonprinces(Yes like fifty times the balor demon). To add a little more the abyssal lords are immortal and gods. To torm the abyss now is madness. Any good Paladin would and should have knowen this. You must update your knowledge my friend. The paladin guild here dosent exept worthless kamikazis!

Padeen Dronblade!
    (I will fight to death in a battle but to fight a clear loss is madness....)

7. Lord Arion IronCross Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Of course I know Lord Dragonblade, I just wanted to see if I could get a response!

(As an aside, The original Lord Arion whom I've kept semi-active since 1978 in the original game HAS been "To Hell And Back", but that's not a topic for this forum.)

Thank You

8. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG]
    Stange, the Cavalier description in my New Character screen says :

- immune to fear and morale failures
    - immune to charm
    - immune to poison

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.