1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best people to PickPocket?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kenshiro, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just wondering who has good stuff you can steal from them.

2. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Tolgerias
    Kangaxx
    Amnish soldiers for spells

3. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Its no big secret anymore, but Ribald has something worthwhile. I also pick pockets from nobles. Quite nice to get level 6 or 7 spells for free. Actually, I pick on most people during chapter 2, cause I enjoy it. :D

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ribald's Ring of Regeneration is well worth getting, particularly if you're using the Item Upgrade mod.

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Djinni outside the tent in Trademeet: Efreeti bottle (summons efreeti)

And, of course, some merchants can be pickpocketed in store screen for good items, like Hendak in Copper Coronet and the spellcaster woman in Adventurer's mart

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

IIRC there's some Athkatla soldier from whom you can get a Ring of Regeneration, quite similar to Ribald's..?

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Aran Linvail or something... the head thief. He has some magical items, but nothing too special. You can't get his Elven Chain this way though.

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

You can in fact pickpocket Kangaxx for his Ring 'o Gaxx, then kill him afterwards, and be given another one, but that's not good. That's cheeeeze :D

9. Aces Gems: 19/31

Good spells? I never took the time to test the soldiers cause I thought they only have weapons and armor that couldn't be picked.

Who is Tolgerias again? :confused:

10. david w Gems: 19/31

The Cowled Wizard who gives you the Hunt for Valygar quest. Apparently you can pickpocket him for the Ring of the Ram although I always prefer to whack him and take it off his corpse.

Someone ought to compile a list of every NPC in the game who can be pickpocketed (hint! hint!)

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Similar to Kangaxx you can get two Rings of the Ram from Tolgerias.

I've just started playing a fighter/thief so this thread is very welcome.

12. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Undoubtably, Ribald for the Ring of Regeneration,Kangaxx for an extra ring of Gaxx-altought this is a bug. Hendak has some cool items and if you have an extremely high pickpocket skill-250% or more-every merchant in the game.

13. Neriana Gems: 6/31

OK, I'll write up a pickpocket guide if no one else wants to, since I'm playing the game at the moment. I'll hopefully finish it sometime next week. If anyone knows one that already exists, I won't bother, but I've never been able to find one.

14. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I´ve never found a guide like the BG1 guide "The pockets to pick in Baldurs Gate" for BG2.
    I´m guessing that there is an itemlist that also says where the items can be found though.
    But still, a "The pockets to pick in Amn" or whatev would be nice indeed.
    Please go ahead if you have the patience ;)

15. Neriana Gems: 6/31

No prob, that's what Shadowkeeper's for. Pickpocket of 250 and boots of speed :D .

Edit: I started doing this after I killed Mae'var. So if anyone can tell me if he and his guildmembers have anything good, I would greatly appreciate it.

[ March 14, 2004, 23:49: Message edited by: Neriana ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.