1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Romance

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Vhailor, Mar 14, 2018.

?

Who is your favorite character to romance?

1. Aerie

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Jaheira

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Viconia

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Anomen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rassad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Neera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Saerileth

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Nalia

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. Imoen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. other (please write in)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Kelsey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've never been heavily invested in the game's option to romance companions, but i liked romancing Viccy the best, with Jaheira a close second - I like how Viconia's romance gives the option to have her change alignment, giving you a feeling you had some sort of lasting impact on the character, though navigating the dialogue to get to that outcome is a pain in the ass without using a romance guide.

Also, why is Imoen an option ? Is..is there an Imoen romance mod ? :nolike:

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Apparently only available in Arkansas . . .

xosmi and pplr like this.
  4. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  5. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I enjoyed the Nalia romance but it had issues with its mod status and having two of them and as I recall neither was 100% complete for the entire game.

I enjoyed Jaheira quite a bit.

The one I really wanted to play but never ended up getting finished was a Mazzy romance.

I am surprised that we have Nalia, Imoen , and especially Saerileth and Kelsey is not on the list. Of the group of mod romances I think that one is the most well known so kind of funny that is not on there.

6. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I know there are other modded romances out there-never finished one with an elven slayer.

Plus the lady from Golden Axe.

BTW Sure I'm bad with names when it comes to video games. But I'm so smooth in person I once asked a woman I'd been having lunch with for a couple of months something like "You're tall aren't you?"

Also it may not count as a romance but maybe that fling with Bodhi touched your character in a way he'll never forget..

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd say Jaheira's romance is the most detailed in the SoA part, but Viconia's romance has better extension in ToB.

Haven't tried many modded NPCs, or modded romances, though.

8. smr49 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

Media:
    Jaheira gets me a Ring of Wizardry, so I always love her for that! :)

9. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I believe that you can still do that encounter without doing the romance but it takes FOREVER (much much MUCH longer than it does in the romance which can already be a bit slow) to come along.

10. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I juggled Aerie and Viccy through my run with my Pally. I guess it's the pisces in me :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.