1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG3? I am Skeptical...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Scifigoddess, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Scifigoddess Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi. I read several posts about the BG3 game and here's what I think.

After playing both BG1 & 2 I enjoyed both but they was room for improvement as there is in all games.

What I really want from this prequel is:

1 A return to the 2d enviroment, only add the part where you can turn the view around to see the items on the floor.

2. an install option, make the game 2d or 3d.

3. BETTER pathfinding.

4. Subraces! ie: Avariel, Drow, Moon Elf. Also add races like Tierfing (like Haer'Dails), half drow and regular elf.

5. True race selection: pick your parentage. the ablitiy to mix drow and humans, or drow and half orcs.\

6. NO Drizzt. I love Drizzt in the books; but come on they TOTALLY made him cheesy in the games. I mean he talks like an idiot and doesn't remember the PC until you remind him.

7. Better clothing, some of the clothes in NWN look like they were designed by a COLOR BLIND man w/ no fashion sense.

8. This is a must! better NPC dialogue! For example, when I speak to oh lets say Aribeth; She should NOT blather on about the creatures in the same way 50 times! It's sloppy, annoying, and makes the NPC's into ROBOTS.

9. Less class restrictions, WHY can't an ELF be a paladin? or a HALF-ELF? A wizard a shifter? WHY?

10. MORE fighter oriented items, there are too many neat paladin items i can't use! (Carmoysar! grr..) and I end up selling them.

11. For BATTLE mages to use FULL plate, I hate it when wimpy mages DIE because all they can wear are mage robes.

12. It to work on my pc w/out having to buy a $400+ video card.

13. Better sound sets they ALL stink except 2. I want sound sets based on alignment and race, an evil elf should sound like a deadly seductress. elves have musical sounding voices not ones that sound like they belong to a drill sergeant.

14. No Minsc. sorry but it's a prequel. I adore Minsc but come on, he'd only be what 1? and not old enough to go on his Dajeema.

15. No Elminster. Not unless they fix what they did to him. (shakes head.) they made him into a doddering old fool, who isn't really relevant to the story. not to mention annoying, and UN-HELPFUL.

16. Practical weapons, the clubs SUCK!!! and I found the staffs not nearly as good as a sword. I want knumb chucks, sai's, tridents, nets, whips, sling shots. I just want the option of having ANY weapon I can think of. If it will kill my enemies and look SA-weet doing it then put it in the game. Not every enemy will have a long sword, club or staff.

17. LESS filler monsters. after hacking goblin # 1,258,900 it gets OLD!!!! they should make such monsters TOUGHER as a player progresses. Then you wouldn't feel cheated when you go into this "BIG BAD" dungeon you've heard ALL about and find some pathetic goblins and lame skeletons you've slaughtered 100x before.

but ALAS, they will most likely slap it together in haphazard fashion and include EVERY single annoyance in BG3 from both BG1&2. Like Noober and NEEBER, what's next Nuuber? *gags* Please god no!!! Drizzt will make another appearance along w/ Elminster and EMBARRASS their fans; and just generally be put in because they could.
    the pathfinding will SUCK, and we will all have to buy new computers to make the thing work.

However, I pray to the great and merciful gods of gaming that BG3 won't be just another HACK sequel posing as good gaming because of it's awesome parentage. Let's all hope for the best and expect the worst.

2. TheMageTeclis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm well I don't really know enough about the world that BG is set in, so i can't answer alot of your points, but you seem to have difficulty in realising that things have advantages and disadvantages, for example the Holy Avenger can only be used by the purest of heart, and while your fighter may be morally sound, he won't be looked upon as the embodiment of chivelry like a paladin would be, and a mage can't wear armour becuase it would interfear with spellcasting. But really, you shouldn't have your mage in combat in the first place.

3. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So, in other words, Scifigoddess, you want the next AD&D game to not be AD&D?

4. Entropy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You sound like a hardcore power gamer buddy. Wizards arn't allowed to use full plate mail for balance issues. In order for that to happen, bioware will have to go against the forgotten realms campaign setting world and the rules of DnD. Elves and half-elves can be paladins in 3.5 rules (which they probabaly will be using) And come on lets all face it, if bioware give the player the choice between 50 different subraces, i can guarantee you most players will pick either drow, tiefling or aasimar, which kind of takes the gameworld away from forgotten realms considering those races are highly rare. (anyone remember icewind dale 2? most player parties consisted of an aasimar, a tiefling, a drow, a duerger and a snirfneblin) which kind of made a very unrealistic situation for the game world in hand (and a very overpowered party)
    Fair enough, I do see how all these things will appeal to many different players who just enjoy a good powergame session, but personaly i enjoyed the first 2 games like they were.
    I guess it will be hard for bioware to create the thousands of various conversation reactions with npc's if your a drow or tiefling on the surface. If your a drow on the surface of faerun its highly likely everyone will attack you on sight.

Oh and by the way, Drizzt does recognise you if you imported your character from bg 1 and kept his stuff on your main char.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.