1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bonus effects from being in factions

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I've noticed that all the factions I've joined so far (Dustmen, Godsmen, Sensates) have unique items only they can use.

Sensates have an additional bonus of being able to give someone 1d10 HP in exchange for sucking the same amount from me (this is pretty good, since NO regenerates).

Do any of the other factions in this game grant additional bonuses?

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Joining the Dustmen you get an ability called "Dead Truce" which grants an AC bonus versus undead. Other than that and Sensory Touch I don't think you get anything else besides new tattooes and access to the store.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    None of the other factions give you any "Special Abilities".

The Dustmen: As Olimikrig said. And

At the end of the game you will encounter fewer True Shadows in the Fortress of Regrets if you're a Dustman.

All factions except the Chaosmen give you access to their store and you can rest for free in their headquarters.

4. Klorox

Hmm, cool.

Although the special bonuses seem minor, am I right in thinking the "powergamers" way would be to get into all factions at some point (I think you get an XP bonus when entering a faction), with the Sensates being the faction you stick with (or Dustmen, I refuse to read the spoiler)?

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes, except maybe the Chaosmen. IIRC, you don't even get an XP bonus for joining them.

I normally stuck with either the Godsmen or the Sensates.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I normally join all of them (except the Xaositects, meeting their requirement can be tricky) because I like the extra dialogue and story joining them gives (and you've got to join the Sensates anyway). The only ones that are mutually exclusive are the Dustmen, Sensates and Godsmen, and I usually join in this order. The Xaositects and Anarchists don't seem to mind if you're also a member of another faction.

7. Qwinn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I checked the game files and I see no evidence that the spoiler in question is true. I don't think the faction ability in question has any effect on the encounters in question.

Qwinn

8. Klorox

Awesome. Luckily for me, the last group I joined was the sensates.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.