1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't start the Unseeing Eye quest!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by webbyfittan, Dec 29, 2007.

1. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Mornmaster Arval just stands there outside and, apparently, has nothing to say to me. It says so in big red letters. I really need to start it, because I can't get into that whole area without it. What's wrong?!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Grab the official ToB patch from SP and install it.

3. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

It's already installed :/

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What journal entries have you got atm?
    I'm not 100% sure if its a requirement, but I typically end up with an "investigate the cult of the eyeless" entry before going to the temple. Just wander around the temple district and I think theres a trigger which causes some fanatics to talk, a deity representative should then approach you about the problem (if you are a priest, then the representative will match your kit/alignment, with all other classes the representative will be from helm).

If this doesn't help can you tell us the class and alignment of your protagonist and whether or not Keldorn is in the sewers (I believe he only appears after you are given the quest).

5. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

You need Gaal to preach about the cult of the eyeless, its roughly in the centre of the map. after he is done, like Stu says, a representive from the church that matches your cleric kit or alignment should approach you ask ask you to come into the church, if your not a cleric, it will be representative from Helm, unless, you have multiple Strongholds installed, then its based on your alignment, Neutral = Helm Good = Lathander Talos = Evil, much like if you were a non "kitted" cleric.

6. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

I do have multiple strongholds installed, and I did get the whole Gaal speech scene. But afterwards, when I'm supposed to be told to speak with whoever in the church, I only get the "has nothing to say to you". I tried removing multiple strongholds but it didn't help. And the priest can still initiate a conversation with my part members, telling them he needs to speak with the PC.

7. Elfen Lied

hmm. strange.

Never had that happen to me. with or without multiple stongholds. must be some weirdo bug. DO you have a save prior to Gaal's speech?

8. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

Yeah. I've even tried it with completely different characters.

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1) what's the class, kit and alignment of your playing character?
    2) is keldorn in the sewers in the north/west corner of the map?

10. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

1) Kensai, neutral good.
    2) No :(

11. Elfen Lied

Man sounds like you got a real bug on your hands, my Paladin did that quest fine.

Only thing I can think of is, load an earlier save and see if it happens again. If not great, if it does, stinko.

12. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

Dang. Does anyone know approximately how much xp you get from the quest, in total?

13. Elfen Lied

A lot!

Gobbos in the sewers
    kolbolds in the sewers
    That rakshasa thingy in the sewers
    The sea troll in the sewers
    That group of merceneries in the sewers

the mephits in Mekraths hideout
    the yuan tis in Mekraths hideout
    The imp and shambling mold you kill to get the mirror for mekrath
    Mekrath

Oytaugh
    shadows
    crimson mists

spiders
    yuan tis
    gauths
    shadows

The empathetic manifestation of Hate

The ghouls and mummies in the ghoul town.

beholders
    gauths
    blind priests
    their summoned creatures
    The Unseeing Eye

The cult of the eyeless.

and that doesnt include reward EXP, and there is quite a bit of that. (and I forgot any spawned while resting monsters)

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least 300,000 -- plus you miss out on another 100,000 or so from follow-on quests. You also miss out on some great loot (Bracers of Dexterity, Skin of the Ghoul, etc.).

Have you tried talking to the clerics in the other temples?

Perhaps you can try respawning Gaal with the multiple strongholds mod removed.

15. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You are Kensai, so High Watcher Oisig should show up and not High Mornmaster Arval.

When you uninstalled multiple strongholds, did you load save before you enter Temple District for the first time?

Anyway, here is console code to spawn High Watcher Oisig: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bhoisig")

16. webbyfittan Gems: 1/31

Turns out it doesn't really matter, seems like a LOT of stuff has gone weird. Conversations just cut out, I don't recieve items, blablabla. I'm just going to reinstall and start over completely and see what happens.

17. Elfen Lied

Yeh, seems like that is your best option.

Oisig approaches your if you are of a neutral alignment (Lawful, true or chaotic) or if you are a non cleric and don't have multiple strongholds installed (Least that's how it works for me on both occasions, unless their is some bug with Neutral Good and Neutral evil, does to having the word Neutral in them I am unaware of?).

If multiple strongholds is installed it assumes you are a cleric, and thus as a neutral good "cleric" his church is Lathander, if he was a neutral alignment, say lawful neutral, his church would be Helm. In my current play through, with multiple strongholds on my paladin, is assumed to be a cleric of Lathander, due to the good alignment. Where as on my previous run through, which didn't have multiple strongholds installed, my Fighter, as a non cleric was approached by Oisig.

18. Terry Loomis Gems: 1/31

I was having the same problem. I found Highwatcher Oisig standing on the street outside of the Temple of Lathander. Talked to him and everything went fine after that.

19. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It has been a while since I played a paladin without multiple strongholds, but IIRC Oisig was ALWAYS found in Lathander for Paladins as they as in 2nd edition they are practically fighter/priests the way a swashbuckler is a fighter/thief.
    More emphasis on the fighter part, but they are partially priests. I believe that monks are treated the same way, Osig will appear at whichever temple corresponds to your character's good/evil alignment axis for clerics, paladins (always Lathander) or monks. I could be remembering wrong because of all the mods I have, and I haven't played without certain core mods since shortly after I joined this board. Various content mods like the Nalia Romance or various content addition mods that might conflict with each other come and go, but the ones that tweak gameplay tend to stay.

20. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

"That should make the respective npc for your alignment spawn and talk to you again.

Also, depending on your alignment you get this quest from different npc's :
    High mornmaster Arval for good alignment, Stormherald Nallabir for evil alignment, and High watcher Oisig if you're neutral.

i don';t know if the problem is that the npc just won't talk to you, or that he doesn't appear at all - if he doesnt appear at all after gaal has his speach you could try creating him through the CreateCreature console command.

For Highwatcher Oisig: C:CreateCreature("BHOISIG")
    For High Mornwatcher Arval: C:CreateCreature("BHARVAL")
    For Stormherald Nallabir: C:CreateCreature("BHNALLABIR")

(http://www.sorcerers.net/community/threads/gaal-dialog-dawnmaster-wont-talk-to-me.68455/)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.