1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Champions of Krynn Trilogy

Discussion in 'Playground' started by kmonster, Feb 22, 2006.

1. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Very interesting. I put it in a spreadsheet.
    [​IMG]

Take note of the final column, loss divided by the number of classes being advanced. The lower the number the better. So you are correct that advancing one class at a time is much worse than advancing at least two.

However, advancing three at a time is slightly worse than advancing exactly two. Since it also requires more waiting, you should never do it unless you accumulated too much XP between halls.

If you train C+F+M together twice, you'll gain 2*9=18 HP. If you train C+F, C+M, F+M you'll gain 8+6+5 = 19 HP. Likewise for the FMT combo: 2*8 = 16, but 7+6+4 = 17.

One more thing: some people suggested using external tools to "correct" the HP totals to what they "should" be, but in my view this is unnecessary, considering those are the strongest characters to begin with.

ConjurerDragon and Stuntman like this.
  2. Stuntman Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Probably not, but it still bugs me that I'm losing hit points.

Levelling in exactly the classes you want is also a challenge when different classes require different amount of XP. Sometimes, it is hard to get the exact amount of XP and then get to a trainer before you get too much. This is the case with triple class characters. You have enough XP in 2 classes, but you get enough for the third class before you reach the trainer.

Also, for triple class characters, you really have to plan your levelling because you will sometimes have to level in only one class from time to time to avoid levelling in 3. I had a spreadsheet where I planned my levelling for triple class characters. I targeted which class or classes to level at any given point. As clerics and mages of different alignments level at different rates, you have to take that into account as well. You will also have to plan things when your triple class character reach a point where they do not get anymore hit dice. I believe at that point, they will get a minimum of 1 hp. At that point, you want to level each class individually.

I use a tool because having to find a trainer to level up is some hassle I don't want to deal with in my old age. When I was younger, I had the patience to do everything by the book and felt the satisfaction was worth the grind. I would even reload a saved game to get max hit points. Now, I'll just use the tool.

Anyway, thanks for putting this all together.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.