1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheat Codes for Harvest Cup & Cloak

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, May 30, 2013.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've never seen that error before. There's even a list of maps available split by each modules for those who wanna edit them, so clearly editing OC modules is not something that should cause problems. Does opening other OC modules cause the same error?

Seems like more of an OS issue than a toolset issue though.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I figured it out.
    My system is a dual-boot of Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional and the game works under Vista.
    I booted to Vista, and found I got a UAC prompt for elevation when I started the toolset. This did not happen under Windows 7.
    I did not know that the metadata for the compatibility tab of a file's properties was NOT saved in a fork of the file that could be shared between Vista and 7. Apparently, I have to set the "run as administrator" flag on NWN2ToolsetLauncher.exe in BOTH operating systems.
    As I haven't messed with the toolset much at all, I never noticed.
    Once I got it so that when NWNLauncher.exe starts the toolet it prompts for UAC elevation, it started in Windows 7.

Now I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with it or how to go about modding the game. I can't even figure out how to rotate or scroll the display when I open a module to get a better look at object placement in that center window.

I just won't have time this weekend to even start learning. Certainly not tomorrow, err, today (can't sleep).

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Glad you figured it out.

Yeah, the toolset can be a bit daunting when you first open it up. Start small. It's not just something you dive into and get intuitively.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I didn't have too much trouble with TeamBG's IEEP, and only a little trouble with DLTCEP. Then again, I've only done minor, simplistic mods to items and spells.
    This on the other hand is quite daunting.

Looks like some of the weekend plans for today are canceled due to rain. Still have to do some of my old chores indoors for my mom who is having knee surgery in June.
    I just wish this made me actually feel 20 years younger being stuck doing my childhood chores again due to mom's poor health.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You're abusing "due to" just to annoy me, aren't you?

But anyway, simple editing is still simple in NwN2. Items are still just objects with a bunch of fields, tables are still standard tab-spaced 2DAs, scripts are much easier to write or edit, etc. It's just that all of the tools are in the same bulky toolkit now (more or less), so it seems overwhelming when you first open it up, especially the map editor.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    So, I _think_ I've found the right script. What is the exact command to place the two items in question inside the player's inventory?
    I'm looking at GUI_A_SKIP_TUTORIAL, only appears when you open the tutorial module.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'd help you if it didn't involve having to download the whole game and toolkit again. The inbuilt script editor should have function searching and autocomplete features. Try something like CreateItem or GiveItem. It's been so many years since I've done any NWScript.

8. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Is there any reason why you can't stick them on the floor to be picked up? Going off the comments on the script, ga_give_item should do what you want.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.