1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cloudkill range?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by wlitw, Dec 15, 2010.

1. wlitw Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everybody !

First of all, I need your apologizes, because I'm french so my english is not that perfect, so please excuse me for the english mistakes I'll be making :)

Well, for a contest in France, I need help from Pool Of Radiance experts :D I like RPG games, I played a lot in my video games "career", but never played that one.

Here's the question I need to answer : in "Pool of Radiance : Ruins of Myth Drannor", what is the range of the spell "deadly mist" (or something like that, I don't know if in english the spell is called deadly mist, but that's a direct translation from the french speel name).

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't know for sure which spell you mean, as there are no mist spells in the English game. Perhaps if you included the spell level and if it was a cleric or magic-user spell?

In any case, the full spell descriptions are in the manual, and the English manual is available both here and on replacementdocs.com.

Direct link is here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/dl.php?s=PoR2&f=PoR2/PoR-RoMD-Manual.rar

The link is on this page
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/PoR2/index_tips.php
    Although I personally think it should be on either the walkthrough & guide page or the "official stuff" page rather than the tips page.

3. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Could be Cloudkill?

4. wlitw Gems: 1/31

Maybe it's Cloudkill :) I'll be looking in the manual you gave me, thanks a lot :)

Here are the answers I can choose for this question :
    1/ 30 meters + 20 meters per level
    2/ 30 meters + 3 meters per level
    3/ 100 meters + 10 meters per level
    4/ 120 meters + 12 meters per level

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    From the manual:
    Cloudkill
    level" Sor 5
    Range: Medium (100' + 10'/level)
    Duration: 1 minute/level
    Effect: Spreads 30' wide by 20' high
    Saving Throw: See text
    Spell Resistance: yes
    This spell generates a bank of fog with ghastly yellowish green vapors that are poisonous. They kill any living creature with 3 or fewer Hit Dice or levels (no save) and cause creatures with 4 to 6 Hit Dice or levels to make Fortitude saving throws or die. Living creatures above 6 Hit Dice and 4 to 6 Hit Die creatures that make their saving throws, suffer 1d10 points of poison damage each round while in the cloud. Holding one's breath doesn't help.

Here's what I get when I feed the above entry into Babelfish, which destroyed the line endings

Du manuel : Cloudkill niveau : SOR 5 Gamme : Milieu (100' ; + 10' ; /level) Durée : 1 minute/de niveau Effet : Écarte 30' ; au loin par 20' ; haut Jet économisant : Voir le texte Résistance de charme : oui Ce charme produit d'une banque de brouillard avec des vapeurs horribles de vert jaunâtre qui sont toxiques. Elles tuent n'importe quelle créature vivante avec 3 ou peu de coup découpent ou les niveaux (aucunes économies) et les créatures de cause avec 4 à 6 frappés découpent ou des niveaux pour faire des jets d'économie de courage ou pour mourir. Les créatures vivantes au-dessus de 6 frappés découpent et 4 à 6 frappés meurent les créatures qui font leurs jets d'économie, souffrent 1d10 les points de dommages de poison chacun rond tandis que dans le nuage. Possession one' ; souffle doesn' de s ; aide de t.

---------- Added 0 hours, 7 minutes and 1 seconds later... ----------

I find it interesting that you are using meters, when the English version uses feet, yet they don't divide the figures by 3. Meters are very close to yards (only 3.37 inches longer, or 8.57cm), and there are 3 feet in a yard.

6. wlitw Gems: 1/31

Thank you very much SlickRCBD !

So the more closest answer is number 2 (30 meters + 3 meters by level).

So it's in good progress, I only have to find 30 other answers :) Thanks again !

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.