1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Complete the OC and now working on MotB

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Munchkin Blender, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I just finished the OC; I have to say that the NWN2 OC is better than NWN1 OC by a long shot. In fact, I was not disappointed in the ending, game play, etc when playing NWN2 OC.

I started MotB and am now 20 minutes in Chapter 2. I do like the story and development; it makes a little more sense since my character is continuing his journey from the NWN2 OC. I don't like how often you fight or how hard the fights are. I am a little upset because I didn't start off with my +5 Bastard Sword with 2 points of magical and Acid damage or the Sword of Gith. I was able to keep all of the other items my character had equiped though. Why is that?

As for the spirit eater meter, why does go down so quickly. I can't walk more than 5 or 10 paces without loosing 1-2 points from my meter. I started off with 89 and by the time I reached the witches to talk to them my meter was already down to 72 or so. I haven't slept yet and last time I checked my meter was like at 59 and that was about 10 minutes after I talked to the witches and yes, I don't sleep often. Only when my character runs out of spells, which isn't too often.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

the games assume (almost always wrongly) that the blade you wield in the final fight of OC is the Silversword of Gith. It makes sense story-wise as you soon will learn. you can soon craft a similar sword or one better

your craving is probably pretty high since you loose points so fast. try to use suppress near a 3-5 spirits (Okku and summoned elementals/spirits count as well). if all else fails, use satiate. later on youy will get an ability to eat souls or put them to rest, the later part is the best if you play a good aligned character.

the spirit meter takes some time getting used to and is hardest in the beginning, when/if you get your craving near 0, it becomes so easy it is hardly worth mentioning.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I found out I have a bug in my game; my meter is actually depleting x2-3 faster than normal; which explains why it went from 89 to around 70 for just taking a trip from the front gates to the witches. I guess here goes another install.

Since I want to play an evil character I might just stop my game and start a new game with my new evil build of a Cleric/Doomguide/Blackguard.

4. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

try favored soul (of talos) / bg/ stormlord. great synergy and super powerful.

take favored soul to level 9, then 3 levels bg, get divine might at level 12, then stormlord 10, picking up epic divine might in the early 20's (assuming you play Aasimar, drow or yuan-ti) then for the last 8 levels, either 1 add a bg more, taking divine shield and maybe add more FS or add 7-8 levels of Warpriest.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

In one of my prior post my Evil Cleric/Doomguide/Blackguard is all about controlling and manipulating undead. I may take some levels of Shadow Dancer as it has access to summoning shadows, a form of undead.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I started the MotB with a different type of Evil Character and even though I am playing him very similar to my LG character my alignment has not changed since the start of the game. Here is my character....

Race: Yuan-ti Pure Blood
    Alignment: CE
    Class: FS / BG / DC / FB
    Level: 8 / 8 / 2 / 2
    HP: 244
    Stats: STR 18 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 19

This character is my front line tank who can summon his undead companion to help him and likes to buff himself and team members up before a fight. At this point I'm not sure if I want my character to take the rest of the levels as a FS or go between DC and FB. I am considering 4 more levels of FS to gain WS and 4 more levels of FB to improve my power attack and the last two levels would be DC for another +1 in all saves.

Thoughts?

7. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

to many BG levels, anything past level 4 is a waste and even the 4th level is not that good.

a fs 27/bg3 can become pretty powerful, without Kaedrins fix, you will need the 4th level of BG to gain both divine might and divine shield though. the FB levels I can undestand, and two levels wont hurt you. imho you could do, FS 22/Bg 3 (screw divine shield)/ FB 5. gain level 9 casting, epic divine might (twice you Cha modifier to damage) and the enhanced powerattack, toughness and supreme cleave.

the divine champ I can understand from the extra feats, the extra saving throws and the RP. but I honestly think your idea will work better this way. and since the Favored soul alone have high saves on all fronts and with BG adds cha modifier to the already high saves, the small bonus from DC won't matter.
    between FS, BG and Yuan-ti's SR, you will hardly get affected by anything.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I took more BG levels to provide my character a BAB of 26. I may go this route.

FS/BG/WP/FB
    12/3/10/5

This would give me a total of 17 casting levels as a FS, not sure if that open up level 9 spells.
    What are your thoughts on this build?

9. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

consider the level 4 spell Divine might, it gives you +1 hp per caster level, the Bab of a fighter of the same level and +6 str. it "only" last 6sec/level. which means for a 22 FS it would last 2min and 12 sec pr. time you cast it. at level 22, you can cast it at least 6 times a day, not counting bonus spells.

A cleric or FS should never worry about bab, as this spell in reality makes them a high bab class.

your build will cap at level 8 spells (not that it is bad for an FS, who primarily will buff himself and allies any hows). you could consider changing War priest to Stormlord, but imho while warpriest is weaker, stormlord can feel to overpowered.

but if you are going the evil road, the FS/bG/SL is very powerfull, adding FB might actually make it more powerfull.

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

If I go this route hello Monkey Grip....

11. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

indeed. wouldn't go without it.

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I decided on this build

FS/SL/BG/FB
    15/10/3/2

13. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

looks good imho. no need to take more Fb, unless you want the enhanced power attack. but imho the first two levels gives you the best feats, toughness and supreme cleave

14. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I got fed up with my FS / SL / BG / FB build; I hated that I needed to buff up my character at the start of each fight and after a tough fight I would have to rest and devour more souls or my spirit meter would start to go down, which is annoying. Instead of dealing with that annoyance I started up a new game with a new character I find a lot more pleasing requires less buffing.

I'm currenlty level 18 and once the character is level 20 there are two possible ways to level up the character.
    Bard / RDD / BG - 5 / 10 / 3

Classes: Bard / RDD / BG / FB
    Level: 6/10/4/10

This class truly outshines the FS/SL/BG build I tried earlier and here is why…
    This class has a high AC, high stats which improves the attack and damage bonus, at level 21 I can take Epic Divine Might instead of waiting until level 25 / 27 and if I go with a PM the AC is +6 higher or if I go the FB route when my character wields a weapon in 2 hands the damage bonus from Power attack goes from +3 to +12. With that said here are some number using a spear.

Spear Damage: 1d8
    26 STR Damage: +8
    Power Attack: +12
    Epic Divine Might: +12
    Inspire Courage +1

Just wielding a non-magical spear my character will do a minimum of 34 points of damage on a hit. With four attacks a round that would be 136 points of damage. This is before any critical hit calculation is added into the mix, elemental damage, etc…

This build also provides the character with the toughness feat for free which can be very useful.

Another possible build would be….
    Classes: Bard / RDD / BG / PM
    Level: 8/10/4/8

This build scarifies a higher BAB and damage for a higher AC. This build without any equipment would have an AC of 27, 10 + 4(RDD) + 6(PM) + 3(DEX) + 3(Tumble).

The damage output would be 8 less using similar information as above….
    Spear Damage: 1d8
    26 STR Damage: +8
    Power Attack: +3
    Epic Divine Might: +12
    Inspire Courage +2

This build has more spell levels and buffs but like I said I don’t want to spend my time buffing up my character.

Both builds are very powerful. I’m not sure if I wan to have +4 BAB and +8 more damage a round or +6 AC.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  15. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

I am not much for RDD builds myself, but your character looks fun. personally i would have gone with more bard levels, but that is because I like the high level bard buffs and a well played bard is one of the strongest base classes :)

I myself is going through MoTB with a CE Yuan-ti too.

mine is a fighter 12/FB 2/ bg3/ NWNine 5 currently. I will raise FB to 5 too and then maybe one more bg level for the ekstra 1d6 sneak attack (added to the 2d6 sneak attack from NWNine).

I generally didn't find I needed to buff much with my Pal 4/ FS 26, when I went through MoTB as a good guy. but different strokes I suppose

16. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

There are many ways to work with my build. It all depends on what type of character you are trying to aim for; one that can dish out some serious damage, character that can buff using spells, or a character who is impossible to hit due to a high AC. The good thing with this build is that the character will have access to Epic Divine Might and Epic Divine Shield which provides an added damage and/or AC bonus.

I may forgo getting Epic Divine Shield and take 1 levels of PM for a permenant +2 to AC. This would mean my character at level 30 would end up like...

Bard/RDD/BG/PM - 16/10/3/1

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  17. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

sounds like a good build.

if you install Kaedrins prc pack, you will be able to get both Epic divine might and divine shield with only 3 levels of BG, do to a "fix" in the pack, so divine feats can be taken with any class on level ups as long as you qualify for them.

the reason I don't go with RDD normally, is that I find the class to powerful.

18. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I can understand your reasoning as to why you find the class too powerful. This build can be used with any race due to the ability bonuses.

Here is a crazy build I would like to try out...

Monk/Sor/RDD/PM - 6/4/10/10

Ending Stats: - STR 20 DEX 16 CON 16 INT 12 WIS 22 CHA 20

This build when the race is a Yuan-ti would provide SR, Immunity to Fire, Critical Hits, Stun, Paralyze, etc, an AC of 30 without equipment, etc...
    The only issue with this build is the BAB which would be 18 and not all that impressive.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  19. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

exactly, the RDD gets such insane bonuses compared to other classes, that I can't help but feeling I'm cheating. although I must say, I find it nice you use the bard for more than just access to the RDD.

20. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I like to make a tank type character who can also cast spells while wearing some meduim armor.

Here is a Good version of my evil Bard Build however; this build is more focused on spell casting and buffing even though the DC is not all that great.

Sor/Pal/RDD/EK 6/4/10/10

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.