1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Console command for leveling up NPC's from lvl 1?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by spetznaz, Oct 16, 2007.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've played through this game a couple of times now, and I'd like to give Sand better spells (atleast more fitting my type of play) as well as changing some of his feats. A while back, I found the console command for restarting your NPC's leveling at first level, but I cannot seem to find it now (just picked up Sand with my current save).

So, can someone tell me how it's done? Please be thorough, as I've never used the console in NWN2, and don't know much about it. :)

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Write down the actual xp 'kkkkkkkk' of your chars and enter:

##givexp -kkkkkkkk

then add the amount of xp again:

##givexp kkkkkkkk

Should work.

First caveat: Save before trying. Second caveat: Be informed that trying this with your main char will unlevel and level up your entire party. If time allows I recommend reloading as a more suitable remedy for a messed up char.

3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

But how do I reset Sand at level 1? It's mainly Sand I want to level up myself. Well, Grobnar too.

EDIT:

Hm, didn't work ?

* Selected Sand
    * Put in: debugmode 1
    * Typed exactly without quotation:

"##givexp -theamount"

It only said "experience points gained: 0" when I put in a negative number.

Any ideas?

[ October 17, 2007, 16:50: Message edited by: spetznaz ]

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I don't recall exactly, but iirc it was so that NPCs can't be leveled down under the level they join you at.

PS: In my eyes the primary point of re-leveling is correcting messed up skill points and feats. That said, you're aware that Sand is not a sorcerer and can as a *wizard* actually benefit from reading found and purchased magic scrolls? ;)

[ October 17, 2007, 19:47: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

5. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Got it working now, restarted Sand and Grobnar at level 1.

Yes, I realize that Sand is a wizard, a scholar, not a battlemage, but I still wanted to make him more into "my type of character", since I've almost always brought him along before.

For instance, the Extend Spell meta-magic feat is something I never use, nor do I think I will. I'm not saying that it's not good, it's just that there are other feats I'd choose over ES.

6. Broken_Wolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@ Spetznaz: how did you 'get it working' as i'd like to delevel some of my NPC's as well.

7. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

At first I typed in:

* Selected Sand
    * Put in: debugmode 1
    * Typed exactly without quotation:

"##givexp -his exact amount minus one"

That didn't work, so I tried to reduce him to about half which worked. I never got the XP down to 1, but the did go down to level 1, which is sufficent.

After that, the same thing, but type

"##givexp his previous total xp", without quotations (minus the diffrence since I didn't get them to 1 xp point).

Hope it helps, sorry for the bad typing, I'm in a hurry :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.