1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Console Commands I Need...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Cimmerian1x, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Cimmerian1x Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What are the IWD console commands that can give me the best gear and weapons for my fighter, mage, ranger, cleric, and paladin class characters in IWD???

2. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

That's a very ambiguous question. Define "best" equipment.

Also, I suspect by cheating in high-powered stuff you will very rapidly suck all the fun from the game.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I dunno, I always liked the 'Hans' code in IWD2, it saved a lot of time watching characters walk from one end of the screen to the next!

4. MrMermaid

Isn't that what Ctrl+J is for?

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not a clue! :lol:

6. MrMermaid

After you do EnableCheatKeys (or equivalent), Ctrl+J zaps the selected characters to the position of the mouse pointer.

Another way to speed them up is to increase the frame-rate to the max allowed by your hardware. Zippy little characters running around!

This has kind of degenerated from the original topic...

7. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Google for IESDP, the Infinity Engine resource.
    You are looking for: iesdp/appendices/clua/iwd.htm
    This will tell you all you need to know about the Console.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    For the items, you'll want to download this guide, which lists all the items in the game.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/dl.php?s=IWD&f=IWD/icewind_dale_items.zip
    Pick and choose what you want, using the instructions in the item guide.

The command you use is
    CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("ITEMCODE",CHARGE1,CHARGE2,CHARGE3)
    If the item can be stacked instead of having charges, then CHARGE1 will be used for the number of items in the stack.
    The guide neglects to mention the part about putting numbers after the quoted item code, which I feel is important. The same syntax, but with a different command before the colon is used in ALL the Infinity Engine games, including Baldur's Gate and PST as well as IWD2.

---------- Added 0 hours, 32 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

Some thoughts on items. The first thing you'll want is to create some of the stat-enhancing tomes. Those are item codes BOOK03 through BOOK08, and you'll want maximum charges instead of just one, so enter it like this:
    CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("BOOK03",99)
    CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("BOOK04",99)
    ... Continue the sequence until
    CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("BOOK08",99)
    Don't pump your stats too high, going over 25 may be bad as the game tables can't handle high values. Heck, I wouldn't go over 23 because of stat-boosting items, spells, and effects that might screw up if the values get too high.

See the above item guide for which book is which stat.

For your Paladin, you might want Pale Justice, but there are many many other great magic items for your other classes. Pick and choose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.